Help For Making Scenarios (Request)

Post new mods and scenarios here.
KageToraUK

Help For Making Scenarios (Request)

Post by KageToraUK »

Hello guys,

Been playing CC for years, but only just decided to try out modding it a bit. Hopefully some of you guys may be able to supply a bit of info on how to do this. [&o]

First of all, I want to know how to make a custom battle - not using the in-game editor, which only allows me to add pre-determined battle groups (and only two of each side). what I would like to do is get an in-game map, then populate it with forces from both sides. I would like to have the number of units unlimited.

Can anyone help out here?

Kage.
Cathartes

RE: Help For Making Scenarios (Request)

Post by Cathartes »

what I would like to do is get an in-game map, then populate it with forces from both sides. I would like to have the number of units unlimited.

do you mean use an existing game map already in the game? No matter what you do you will not be able to provide more than 21 units for each battlegroup and only two battlegroups can engage in any single battle--these are the outside limits of the game engine. Or, are you looking to have unlimited units to select from in each battlegroup?
KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK »

Thanks for the reply.

I think what I want is to just freely place units (from both sides) where I want. For example, I could do a short scenario with just one or two German units defending a house after being surrounded by US forces.

As for force size, a maximum of 21 units would be enough for any scenario I make, I guess.
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

You can't exactly designate where particular enemy units set up on a map. The closest thing to this is when you are in the scenario editor, and you have chosen the battlegroups and placed them on the map, you can SHIFT + right click on the map ownership icon between the battlegroups. This brings up a menu that allows you determine which Victory Location they begin the battle on--in this way you can assign a BG to deploy in the middle of a map. Maybe you know this already, but this is the closest thing that I can think of to achieve what you're asking.
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Never knew of that trick. Is it on the manual?
Hard-core Spectre
vobbnobb

Post by vobbnobb »

Yes page 68-69 it's one of these split pages we always forget to read about. I didn't now about this either. That will make scenarios more fun, gonna try this.

"You can set specific entry locations for each Battle Group to enter the game, if desired. To set
entry locations, Shift-click the map where the Battle Group is entering play. This will bring up
the Scenario Map Entry dialog, where you can set each Battle Group’s entry point to a specific
Victory Location, if desired.
GAME MANUAL
If Battle Groups are stacked on the first turn of your scenario, the first Battle Group icon placed
will be the frontline Battle Group and the second one will be the reserve Battle Group. Battle
Groups designated to enter play after the first turn are considered reinforcements and may
arrive in a different order than placed, depending on the situation on the strategic map at the time"

Attachments
harcouet.jpg
harcouet.jpg (334.31 KiB) Viewed 814 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”