Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help For Making Scenarios (Request)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Mods and Scenarios >> Help For Making Scenarios (Request) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help For Making Scenarios (Request) - 5/16/2014 12:17:45 PM   
KageToraUK

Hello guys,

Been playing CC for years, but only just decided to try out modding it a bit. Hopefully some of you guys may be able to supply a bit of info on how to do this.

First of all, I want to know how to make a custom battle - not using the in-game editor, which only allows me to add pre-determined battle groups (and only two of each side). what I would like to do is get an in-game map, then populate it with forces from both sides. I would like to have the number of units unlimited.

Can anyone help out here?

Kage.
Post #: 1
RE: Help For Making Scenarios (Request) - 5/16/2014 1:59:07 PM   
Cathartes

quote:

what I would like to do is get an in-game map, then populate it with forces from both sides. I would like to have the number of units unlimited.

do you mean use an existing game map already in the game? No matter what you do you will not be able to provide more than 21 units for each battlegroup and only two battlegroups can engage in any single battle--these are the outside limits of the game engine. Or, are you looking to have unlimited units to select from in each battlegroup?

(in reply to KageToraUK)
Post #: 2
RE: Help For Making Scenarios (Request) - 5/16/2014 3:27:27 PM   
KageToraUK

Thanks for the reply.

I think what I want is to just freely place units (from both sides) where I want. For example, I could do a short scenario with just one or two German units defending a house after being surrounded by US forces.

As for force size, a maximum of 21 units would be enough for any scenario I make, I guess.

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 3
RE: Help For Making Scenarios (Request) - 5/16/2014 3:56:09 PM   
Cathartes

You can't exactly designate where particular enemy units set up on a map. The closest thing to this is when you are in the scenario editor, and you have chosen the battlegroups and placed them on the map, you can SHIFT + right click on the map ownership icon between the battlegroups. This brings up a menu that allows you determine which Victory Location they begin the battle on--in this way you can assign a BG to deploy in the middle of a map. Maybe you know this already, but this is the closest thing that I can think of to achieve what you're asking.

< Message edited by Cathartes -- 5/16/2014 4:57:15 PM >

(in reply to KageToraUK)
Post #: 4
RE: Help For Making Scenarios (Request) - 5/16/2014 5:01:20 PM   
Kanov

Never knew of that trick. Is it on the manual?

Hard-core Spectre

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 5
RE: Help For Making Scenarios (Request) - 5/16/2014 9:35:23 PM   
vobbnobb

Yes page 68-69 it's one of these split pages we always forget to read about. I didn't now about this either. That will make scenarios more fun, gonna try this.

"You can set specific entry locations for each Battle Group to enter the game, if desired. To set
entry locations, Shift-click the map where the Battle Group is entering play. This will bring up
the Scenario Map Entry dialog, where you can set each Battle Group’s entry point to a specific
Victory Location, if desired.
GAME MANUAL
If Battle Groups are stacked on the first turn of your scenario, the first Battle Group icon placed
will be the frontline Battle Group and the second one will be the reserve Battle Group. Battle
Groups designated to enter play after the first turn are considered reinforcements and may
arrive in a different order than placed, depending on the situation on the strategic map at the time"

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by vobbnobb -- 5/16/2014 10:39:10 PM >

(in reply to Kanov)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Mods and Scenarios >> Help For Making Scenarios (Request) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI