Sorry, but I'm stumped again.

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Auchinleck

Sorry, but I'm stumped again.

Post by Auchinleck »

I've received the short end of the stick as the Kriegsmarine after a naval battle with the Royal Navy against superior forces, I'm in the Naval Combat Abort Digression phase, trying to send the Heavy Cruiser Blucher back to a friendly port from the Faroes Gap where the battle took place, after aborting. There is seemingly no friendly port to send her to that I can figure out. So you can see how I cannot progress the game to the next phase from there. What am I missing this time? [:@]
paulderynck

RE: Sorry, but I'm stumped again.

Post by paulderynck »

Two things you can try:

There is an undocumented feature: the F11 key should give you a list of ports you can reach. When you are returning to base and enemy units are in intervening sea zones, then to "force" your unit to go through them, you use CTRL-left-click. This is because normally the game will try to route naval units around sea zones they can be intercepted in.

Probably you need to RTB through the North Sea and more RN units are there. If they can and do intercept, the Blucher could be in a world of trouble.
Paul
Auchinleck

Post by Auchinleck »

Outstanding Paul! I am grateful that there are veteran enough players monitoring the MWIF forum as to get such a timely solution. I would have never figured that out on my own. If it's in the manual somewhere, I probably wouldn't have found it very quickly in any case. I had to run the gauntlet through the North Sea with several ships to get them back to their home port of Stettin, in the Baltic. I lost the Pocket Battleship Graf Spee (CA Graf Spee for the purpose of this game). But I managed to damage a British CA in the North Sea on the way back home. Now I can proceed. Thank you again![:)]
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Good to hear. The CTRL-lef-click can be good moving out from port as well - for when you are willing to run the risk of intercept and two routes are available, but the "safe" one the game would choose - puts you in a way lower sea zone box for searching yourself.
Paul

Return to “World in Flames”