Testing 0.7.17

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

kokubokan25

Testing 0.7.17

Post by kokubokan25 »

This will be a SPM special testing play focus in the new game features. I will play Soviet Sandbox mode with huge new budget at start. The regular season budget will be increased also. The objective is playing relaxing in money and be capable of buy secondary programs and make more flights.
Now you cannot open rocket programs without the VA Building so my first decisions are easy. Build the VA, Astronauts center (may be the name would be Cosmonaut), Mission control building and upgrade at once the SET building. Always work with a minimal of 10 SET personnel.
My first program of course is Sputnik I. Now the SET personnel had % ratios and is not easy as previously see the best. My SETs had between 40% - 62% in space probes. I don’t know if those numbers are average or in the future will be available people with much better ratios. Now assign four to Sputnik and continue.
I'm not sure but..may be the ratios of the personnel drops a lot in 0.17?

Q2/1955

No VAB so only can recruit 3 mission control personnel. I will try to limit my personnel in the first periods to save money if possible. I think the names of people, in Soviet mode, would be more…ruskies, if you know what I mean. It’s strange had personnel like Providencia Hammes sitting in the Baikonur Control Mission Center…..

Q3/1955

The VAB is completed so start to research the R-7. What is exactly the purpose to do not make available the rockets programs without the VAB? The R-7 was an former ICBM so the rocket was researched before any space probe. May be would be more correct if you can research of rockets from start and cannot open the space probes without the VAB, IMHO.
The mix and match rocket system it’s more versatile now but I will try to accomplish a more “historical” approach so start with the R-7 Sputnik variant. I think would be better the R-7 Lunik variant because this rocket is capable to fly both spaceships.
After that buy three cosmonauts and five another SET personnel. My money drops to 1640$ positive. When editing the budget file set the seasonal budget to 4000 (double original) so…without changes my budget would be negative.

Q4/1955

Get a random event that increases my prestige 42 points. Not bad. Now is at 292. However, it’s very hard to fly anything soon. Sputnik research is at 67% and R-7S…10%!
kokubokan25

RE: Testing 0.17

Post by kokubokan25 »

Q1/1956

Another random event that increases my prestige 67 points! If this luck continues I overtake the next tranche of the budget without any rocket launch.
The SET is now trained so reassign all the personnel. The new management buttons in the headquarters screen are great! Now is much easy assign and reassign people with small clicks. Decide open the R-7 Vostok rocket program to maintain my personnel working.

Q2/1956

The random event increases 17% my R&D the 7 future seasons. The luck continues.
The cost of maintain programs drops my budget to 1115$.
The inactivity of the CM personnel drops the moral. The level isn’t dangerous yet but decide recruit another three people.

Q3/1956

Finally my three cosmonauts are ready. But the manned flights are…far far away so send those boys to advanced training.
In another games gets frustrated when try to fly my first manned mission and discover, very late, that need 11 CM Personnel so, in this time, upgrade the building (now only can support 5 people).
Sputnik I is almost finished (87% R&D) but R-7 no.

Q4/1956

No random event, like past season.
kokubokan25

Post by kokubokan25 »

Q1/1957

Two of my CM personnel had now dangerous moral, it’s time to fly. Sputnik I make a try. R-7 is now at 76%, may be next season will be above 80%. Risky.
The Sputnik I is launched with 88% (spacecraft) and 80% (rocket). The countdown stops just prior the launch but my personnel resolves. Unfortunately, during ascent, the R-7 fails again and this time my CM people was unable to fix it. FAILURE. The rockets down 9%.
Spent a couple of minutes thinking about make another try next season but decline. Instead open the Koralb-Sputnik program to assign the personnel from Sputnik. Notice that the graphic of this program in R&D screen is Vostok (a missing dependence supposes).

Q2/1957

Nothing to comment, waiting next season.

Q3/1957

The Sputnik II is launched but again problems during ascent. This time, my personnel had success and the spacecraft make orbit. Great! First step accomplished. No time to waste in more research of the R-7 Sputnik so change the personnel to R-7 Vostok. The random event (or may be a triggered option after the success of Sputnik, not sure about that) gets my seasonal budget to 900$ again (was at 480). Also, my three cosmonauts are ready to fly after the advanced training. However, no Vostok capsule yet so….waiting.

Q4/1957

Sputnik program is closed and open the Luna 3. Finally, decide hire four more SET people to start with Vostok when training is completed. Seems impossible find a man with more than 65% of level.
kokubokan25

Post by kokubokan25 »

Q1/1958

The development of the R-7 Vostok variant seems to be the slowest snail in the world. Three years spent and only at 71%. Not risky, suicide.

Q2/1958

The Techs are ready so open the Vostok program and assign/reassign the personnel again. But, wait a minute. When open the Vostok program notice the SET assigned to Koralb-Sputnik are also researching the Vostok!! A Bug? May be the Koralb-Sputnik is really a unmanned Vostok capsule? What’s wrong?

Q3/1958

The moral problems in CM personnel are continuous now. Time to recruit more and send this disaffected to advanced training. Hire 8 people! A lot of money, my season budget drops to 87$.

Q4/1958

The Vostok rocket is ready to fly but the capsule is only at 48%. The Luna is 61% so the soviets will try to visit the satellite first. Upgrade the management building because need more space to new programs. Notice the building is wrong situated over the Baikonur landscape. Minor Glitch.
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello fremen,

Nice AAR!
ORIGINAL: fremen

I will play Soviet Sandbox mode with huge new budget at start. The regular season budget will be increased also.

Just curious, but if you can share those numbers with us, that would be great, as we can use them to tweak future builds.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
kokubokan25

Post by kokubokan25 »

ORIGINAL: Nacho84

Hello fremen,

Nice AAR!

I will play Soviet Sandbox mode with huge new budget at start. The regular season budget will be increased also.

Just curious, but if you can share those numbers with us, that would be great, as we can use them to tweak future builds.

Cheers,

Yes yes, you right, but by the moment it's only a try, I don't know if works, the play is at early stage yet.

kokubokan25

Post by kokubokan25 »

Q1/1959

My 2034 prestige points grant me the next level in the budget. Now reach 7000 $/season but with the expenses left around 2600$. Minimal to work, I think. The Vostok research continue but with a painful slow pace, no hopes to fly this year.
He he he, another minor glitch observed. The soviet launch facility had no Pads!

Q2/1959

The Vostok is a complete chunk! How is possible I had my four better techs in R&D on this spacecraft during NINE seasons and the level is only 59% safety? No answer.

Q3/1959

Open the Luna 2 project and assign to it two of my unemployed SET. My CM people are now very upset and disaffected. Three people are below 46% moral. The temporal good economic situation of the Soviet agency means I can recruit another three cosmonauts. Some day they will fly…
The first launch of a Luna 3 type spacecraft, the Luna I had a good start. But, as always, that does not last long. After a first technical problem during probe deployment (solved) my CM personnel was unable to fix another glitch during TLI. Another fail. Well, I will try to accept this setback due …whatsoever! Fortunately the rocket and payload downgrade R&D was small.

Q4/1959

This time I will try to launch another Luna mission. Besides, recruit another four SET techs. Had a decent margin in season budget (my SET will be 18 people).
The launching of the Luna II is another disaster. This time the rocket no leaves the Pad! I’m now very very upset. IMHO the failure rate is very hard. I’m playing in NORMAL level so I cannot understand that. ALL, I mean ALL my launches had failures. It is normal? The bad news continue and my CM people down their moral 15%, the R-7 Vostok rocket downs 6% safety.
kokubokan25

Post by kokubokan25 »

PROBLEM DETECTED WITH 0.7.17

To better help in development. Last season receive a random event that drops the moral of the Control Mission personnel 15%.
Because of this, twelve of my CM people fall below 36 next season so...leaves agency!!!
In one season twelve techs leave and left me with only one person.
IMHO, would be better:
1-Remove this terrible random event or
2-modify the program to prevent more than three people leave agency in one season.

Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

PROBLEM DETECTED WITH 0.7.17

To better help in development. Last season receive a random event that drops the moral of the Control Mission personnel 15%.
Because of this, twelve of my CM people fall below 36 next season so...leaves agency!!!
In one season twelve techs leave and left me with only one person.
IMHO, would be better:
1-Remove this terrible random event or
2-modify the program to prevent more than three people leave agency in one season.

Agreed, we need to fix this. Can you get me a savefile for the season where this event takes place?

If possible, try to attach savefiles when you see something funny going on, it makes my life a lot easier [:)]

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
kokubokan25

Post by kokubokan25 »

Q1/1960

No missions this season. The future is black, very black.

Q2/1960

The brutal drop of moral between the CM members due past failure is a catastrophe to soviet Agency. Twelve members defect and left me with only ONE CM. Well….this is a complete nonsense of the game but….well, maybe this absurd situation will be useful to designers so continue playing. Only can afford one decision, recruit at once another 12 CM members. Unfortunately, only can recruit a maximum of 10,this hurts.

Q3/1960

Without CM Techs is impossible launch anything so…nothing to declare.

Q4/1960

Now had CM techs, but only eleven so Vostok missions are no possible at the moment. I will try again with Luna spacecraft. Fingers crossed.
Finally the Luna III is a perfect mission without a glitch. Moon flyby accomplished. Bufff.
Take a breath.
kokubokan25

Post by kokubokan25 »

Q1/1961

My first pick is, of course, recruit more CM techs, three to reach the top, 13. This is the only way to fly the Vostok, now ready. The success of the Luna III open the Mars/Venus missions so start Venera 7 type spacecraft and the R-7 Molnya version as rocket.

Q2/1961

At last, the Vostok is ready to launch. However, take the decision to first fly the Koralb-Sputnik. Strange, when pick the mission all the components are Vostok instead so I must choose a pilot to the “Koralb-Sputnik”.. Well, anyway, this will be a Vostok mission so cancel flight and choose a real Vostok mission, the Uncrewed flight test. May be the Koralb-Sputnik dependencies are missing?
The Vostok I flight was a perfect mission without a single glitch. The spacecraft was recovered also and 220 more prestige points are in my box. During the mission discover that three of the CM techs were in training yet, I’m only had 10, but the program ignore this and the launching was done anyway.

Q3/1961

Now I’m again with more expenses that income. 732$ down. My techs are focused in R-7 Monlya, and the spacecrafts types: Luna 2, Venera 7, Venera 9 and Vostok.
During the countdown of the Vostok II mission (manned suborbital) was a minor problem. This can’t be solved but the launching proceeds anyway after a short delay. The rest of the mission was perfect and the cosmonaut returns safe.

Q4/1961

I will launch another Vostok capsule testing orbital before start with two manned spacecraft. My prestige points are now 9842. If I can keep this number for a year I can double my income in the next period.
The Vostok III was a success despite a small technical problem in the last moments of the flight. Next will be the crewed LEO flights.
kokubokan25

Post by kokubokan25 »

Abandon game.

The Pioneer bug is a serious hadicap to continue game.
Moreover, when try to fly the Voskhod uncrewed suborbital flight the game gets frozen and was unable to exit. Another bug.

I will try another game in GSA mode or NASA.

Return to “After Action Report”