Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Operation Rhino

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Operation Rhino Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Operation Rhino - 5/10/2014 10:29:21 PM   
rhinobones

Attached is a scenario designed to test unit deployments controlled by the AI and Cheyenne players. The purpose is to build a scenario in which no two games are the same. Scenario description:

Operation Rhino - Test v01
Hypothetical scenario in which two evenly match forces are in conflict over a neutral state. All forces are introduced via air and amphibious landings which creates variability in accordance with the player's deployment decisions. The scenario is designed to present the player with a changing military problem as opposed to recreating a historical battle. Against AI or Cheyenne players, it can be played equally from either side.

The scenario begins with all objectives neutral. This creates a land grab for the first few turns and, depending on deployment decision made by the AI/PBEM player, quickly escalates into an all out battle for point bearing objectives. Value of objectives is:
Cities, 10 points
Airfields, 4 points
Forts, 3 points
Towns, 1 point
Marginal victory is capture of 60% of the objective points, 110 point.
Decisive victory is capture of 75% of the objective points, 140 points.

Comments to improve welcome.

Regards, RhinoBones

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Operation Rhino - 5/13/2014 1:06:31 AM   
tombo

rhino...nicely done! i like ur thinking and concept here and thanks for continuing this game.

i just started, so allot to go yet. The map looks great and challenging, all levels zoom OK, colors good. I started as Allies and landed/dropped all units. I have USA and Italian forces (?). After my Amph landing and moving, during the axis first turn they landed in same locations i did..??? hmm.

ill keep u updated.

cheers, please continue.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Operation Rhino - 5/17/2014 11:18:59 PM   
rhinobones

There are a number of terrain hexes that need to be fixed, I'm not pleased with the arrival of reinforcement schedule and I think the victory conditions against the AI need to be a bit tougher . . . other than that it seems to play well.

During testing I have seen the AI land behind the opposing troops. Makes for an interesting game but it doesn't seem to be the way the AI generally plays. I find some of the best games are played from the Axis side and letting the AI go first.

Thanks for the comments.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

(in reply to tombo)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario Operation Rhino - 11/15/2014 3:42:12 AM   
rhinobones

quote:

ORIGINAL: tombo

rhino...nicely done! i like ur thinking and concept here and thanks for continuing this game.

i just started, so allot to go yet. The map looks great and challenging, all levels zoom OK, colors good. I started as Allies and landed/dropped all units. I have USA and Italian forces (?). After my Amph landing and moving, during the axis first turn they landed in same locations i did..??? hmm.

ill keep u updated.

cheers, please continue.

Would be interested to hear whether you finished this game or played the scenario again.
Any input would be welcomed.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:

(in reply to tombo)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario Operation Rhino - 11/16/2014 2:23:53 PM   
tombo

hi rhino...ill give it another go and get back to ya!
If u have a update...make that available and ill try it.

cheers.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Operation Rhino Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI