Newbie War Production Query

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

chazz

Newbie War Production Query

Post by chazz »

How do I (or can I for that manner) direct my industry to produce more or less of a certain plane?

Or perhaps focus on ASW ships rather than fleet DD's? Just to use examples.
=================================
Thank you for your replies and advice!!

"If you're in a fair fight, then you didn't plan it properly" - Nick Lappos
Numdydar

RE: Newbie War Production Query

Post by Numdydar »

Read this [:)]

tm.asp?m=3329605
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

You're playing the Allies aren't you? The Allies have very little control over industry.

Allied ASW is very poor at the beginning of the game by design. I suggest training up a lot of planes for maritime patrol. I train all my PBY units stateside and in Pearl Harbor on Naval Search first, then ASW. In Australia I train up most of the bomber units, including Wirraways with Naval Search and ASW. Wirraways don't have the range for good ASW, but they upgrade to good ASW planes.

The Clemson and Wilkes class DDs are old 4 stack DDs that can be converted to DEs or APDs in mid-42. The DE upgrade makes them very good ASW ships.

Japanese subs are a real pain in the backside in the early going. The best I've found is to concentrate ASW air and sea around areas where the subs are lurking and in the early going all you can hope for is to damage them and force them back to port. There are some switches in the code where Allies ASW improves on certain dates. I think one of them is early 43, but I don't remember the dates anymore. They are in the manual.

I find that by late 42 with well trained ASW air and lots of ASW task forces patrolling sub zones, the Allies can start to make a dent in the Japanese sub population. By mid-43 you probably will see a lot fewer Japanese subs because many will be sunk or badly damaged. Just expect some months of heartache first.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
chazz

Post by chazz »

Merci beaucoups, mes amis.
=================================
Thank you for your replies and advice!!

"If you're in a fair fight, then you didn't plan it properly" - Nick Lappos

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”