Aircraft Loss Oddities

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Quixote

Aircraft Loss Oddities

Post by Quixote »

Before I waste any of Michael's time, I thought I'd throw this out to the forum in general since I've not seen this before. See the screenshot below. Normally, the VP screen and the Air Loss screen match up fairly well. Perhaps there's a bit of FOW, but it's not often major. In this case, though, there are very sizeable discrepancies in a couple of categories. There was little to no air-to-air action this turn, yet Miller lost 11 planes, while I un-lost 11? Resurrection? Next, my real ops losses were minimal (1 transport), but I seem to have lost points for those 11 Kates, while Japan lost no points. Thoughts?

Background - This turn saw a Japanese naval bombardment of Port Blair, which accounts for the Allied ground losses. They look accurate. The turn prior to this saw Junyo take 3 hits - 1 torp, and 2x1000lb bombs, plus another 100+ points of Japanese shipping sunk in other action. Based solely on VP totals, I don't think Junyo is sunk. Perhaps Junyo couldn't land her planes and some were pushed overboard from other carriers that were already full. This may explain the Kate losses, but it doesn't really explain why the Allies seem to be "credited" for them in A2A, then get penalized for them the very same turn as Ops losses, while Japan apparently sees nothing in either category. I get FOW, but this looks to be a stretch as an explanation.)

Attachments
AC Losses2.jpg
AC Losses2.jpg (210.82 KiB) Viewed 27 times
dcpollay

RE: Aircraft Loss Oddities (No Miller for now please)

Post by dcpollay »

Did you disband any squadrons recently? I think the "unlosing" could be a result of sending planes back to the pool.
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
geofflambert

RE: Aircraft Loss Oddities (No Miller for now please)

Post by geofflambert »

You weren't aware that the allies used vampire airplanes? I think it's discussed in section 22.6. You should be aware he has zombie aircraft.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”