From: Vermont, USA
ORIGINAL: Loose Cannon
Don't worry, Erik. I'll go over things point by point with things that were done in Shadows in BOLD PRINTwith the expression BEEN THERE DONE THAT posted as BT, DT. Other issues will also be listed in bold print.
It's rather odd to do that to a list that was based on what's new in Universe.
ORIGINAL: Loose Cannon
- The entire Distant Worlds series in one package! Universe includes the Original Distant Worlds, Return of the Shakturi, Legends, Shadows and the new Universe expansion! NOT REALLY
Really? Where was this available in one package before?
- Allows adding/removing/changing most items: resources (including new colony-manufactured resources), ship components, planetary facilities and wonders, fighter designs, alien races and race families, diplomatic dialog, empire policy, custom characters, ship and base design templates, governments, plagues, research tech trees and more BT, DT
Not at all. If you can define your own resources, including manufactured ones (a brand new thing), define your own components, facilities and wonders, governments, research trees, etc. in Shadows then please show me. It would have saved us a LOT of work if we'd known that we'd already done this.
- Can customize most of the images used in the game: ships and bases, fighters, alien races, planetary facilities and wonders, characters, troops, components, resources, ancient ruins, planets, stars, asteroids, animated in-game effects and moreBT, DT
Only some of these were customizable in the past.
- Powerful new event system accessible from a considerably-upgraded Game Editor. Set up your own storyline in a custom map with triggered events and custom victory conditionsVALUE TO BE DETERMINED
- Add story triggers on specific in-game objects or events, executing one or more actions on other in-game objects (either immediately or delayed)MINOR IMPROVEMENT
We'll agree to disagree on how minor this is. I've already used it, when you get a chance to do so you may find it's more useful than you think.
- Switch between different customization sets with a couple of mouse clicks from the main game menu AND HOW MUCH TIME WILL THIS TAKE?
... "a couple of mouse clicks"?
- Comprehensive 100-page Modding Guide that outlines how to make Mods and explains all of the settings in detail WILL IT WORK BETTER THAN THE PIRATE SETTING SLIDER?
This is getting a bit ridiculous, you are getting close to trolling with this post.
Now, please don't insult my intelligence again. I was hoping to hear from someone not employed by the company to tell us something, anything, that will MAKE ME WANT TO GIVE YOU MORE OF MY MONEY. i don't want to hear the regular company line that tells us nothing. How badly did you fail Business Management 101? This expansion was supposed to come out first quarter then changed to May 2014. And yet you don't know what it will sell for? ROFLMAO. The first lesson in BM101 is that when you decide to create a new widget you decide what you can sell it for. The second lesson is that you then determine what it will cost you to create it. If cost exceeds projected sale price you then have to determine whether you will A cut costs. B raise price. C drop the widget or D some combination of those 3.
I certainly respect and honor our customers. The entire reason to do Universe was to give the community a version of Distant Worlds that would meet their requests for moddability and allow them to change it and expand it in as many ways as possible.
It is certainly every customer's prerogative to decide whether this release is worth their money. We are going to do our best to get all the information out there so that each customer can make an informed decision. Before anyone spends a single dollar, they'll know much more about Universe and what the pricing and upgrade discounts will be.
< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 5/2/2014 10:56:53 PM >