Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Withdraw an army

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Withdraw an army Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Withdraw an army - 4/27/2014 9:07:42 PM   
ncc1701e

I have a little question about the “Withdraw an army” event. Is it irreversible once it has been fired?

The reason I am asking is that I would like to see if the following is possible.

1. I have an army containing several divisions/regiments already deployed on the map.
2. I would like to ask the player if he would like to apply one plan or not. Let's say an attack plan that has moved an army in one direction.
3. If he is asking for this plan, I would like to withdraw the army and recreate it at another location (two turns later where the army historically was once it has moved in the above direction). Of course, I will have to duplicate each of the units of this army to have a deployment at turn 1 and another one later.

If he is not accepting the plan, then, the army remains in its current deployment and all the other units (the one of two turns later) must be withdrawn by a “Withdraw an unit” event before arriving.

But, will it work if the “Withdraw an army” event has been triggered at turn 1?

By the way, regarding Theater Option, is there a way to oblige the player to activate one of them before ending its turn? Or to apply a default Theater Option if nothing has been selected (the historical one for example)?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Withdraw an army - 4/30/2014 5:30:01 PM   
ogar

I cannot help with your 'withdraw army' question - no experience with that.

But as to the last question,..
if the default option is the same as TO1, then I'd write the event string like

Turn 1
Events for TO2 (*this is non-default)
Turn 1
evt 101 (*trigger for following events)
Events for TO1

but in the Events for TO2 I'd have a Cancel Event that cancels event 101.  Normally you would not need event 101 (a News Only trigger for the TO cost event and the string of TO-consequence events), as the Turn 999 event would be sufficient once the TO is chosen.
But when TO2 is chosen, cancelling event 101 cancels the cost/consequences of TO1.

If the default is not the same as TO1, then have a event 201 in a corresponding place for TO2, and set up a 3rd string of events for the default which includes cancelling 101 and 201. Of course, you'd also have to have cancel events for TO1 that cancel 201 and cancel 301 (the trigger for the default); and in TO2, you'd need cancel events 101 and 301.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 2
RE: Withdraw an army - 5/3/2014 4:07:02 AM   
Raindem

On your withdrawing army question, the only way I can think of is to create a copy of the army, change the icon colors, and change the name of any single unit (for this purpose the name of the formation can stay the same). At that point the game system treats them as two seperate armies and you can go ahead and lay down your events.

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.

(in reply to ogar)
Post #: 3
RE: Withdraw an army - 10/29/2014 9:56:39 PM   
lion_of_judah

you can also create an event for this army in order for it to withdraw. The only problem is that you have to have the exact name in the event for this to work.

(in reply to Raindem)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Withdraw an army Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI