Why aren't my bombers flying

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

FJeff

Why aren't my bombers flying

Post by FJeff »

Leningrad; German T1; air doctrine set to default. After several airfield attacks, I get the message that there are no bombers in range. However the 1st Fliegerkorps in the 3rd LW air Base has JU88As with no miles flown. Shouldn't I be able to bomb Kaunas, eleven hexes away? If I read the formula in 16.1.1 right I should be able to fly 9700 miles. (241 times {(10+53/4)+68/4)}
And it's one, two, three,
What are we fightin' for?
Oshawott

RE: Why aren't my bombers flying

Post by Oshawott »

Lower percent required to fly to 0%.
FJeff

Post by FJeff »

It looks like the losses from airfield bombing have been dramatically reduced from the earliest versions. Is that correct? No more thousands lost?
And it's one, two, three,
What are we fightin' for?
Oshawott

Post by Oshawott »

You can let the AI fly bombing missions several times on T1 and you still get to 2000+ destroyed air planes just as long as you lower percent required to fly to 0%. If you do manual missions it is very easy to get 3000+ air planes destroyed without doing anything special. I don't know if this is less then previous versions as I have not played those.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Yes the losses were reduced but it is still possible to make 3k+. Doing it manually is for more better and I always prioritizes the bases with Migs, recons and IL4s. 10 soviet long range recons are more worth than 100 I153.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”