Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Putting your tanks into ambush mode?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Putting your tanks into ambush mode? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Putting your tanks into ambush mode? - 4/25/2014 6:32:02 AM   
vobbnobb

I know what ambushing troops do, generally they wait & hide for enemy to approach 30meters ? before they open fire. Not sure on pitf though.

But now to the tank ambush (green arc), what does ambushing a tank do? It seems they see more troops moving in buildings? Do m10 wolverine and m8 scotts (open carriage guys) hide better from incoming fire such as mg/mortars? The reason I say this is because I notice they behave differently when in ambush mode. Some are not so pinned or suppressed anymore when put into ambush and survival rating is higher. Do they move into better cover in tank away from viewing slits etc?

< Message edited by vobbnobb -- 4/25/2014 7:36:18 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Putting your tanks into ambush mode? - 4/25/2014 9:59:23 AM   
TIK

In most situations, put your tanks on Defend. The only reason I ever put tanks on ambush is when I want them to stop firing at a target - e.g. they're firing at some infantry, they've got them suppressed enough for my guys to assault them, and I want to conserve ammo.

As far as I'm aware, ambushing tanks doesn't increase their awareness, but I could be wrong. I've never used them in that way. However, your infantry should be the eyes of your tanks. Since your infantry are better at viewing the battlefield, let your infantry spot the enemy then bring your tanks in to play.

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

www.closecombatfanatics.com

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen

(in reply to vobbnobb)
Post #: 2
RE: Putting your tanks into ambush mode? - 4/25/2014 10:13:33 AM   
Ozymandias2

I've noticed that ATGs set to Ambush are overall generally harder for the enemy to spot and often get off a fine kill shot first; I can't say with certainty that I've noticed the same for AFVs however - although they do seem harder to spot, I'm uncertain about that first shot or two before their muzzle flares become the equivalent of

Cheers,
Oz

(in reply to TIK)
Post #: 3
RE: Putting your tanks into ambush mode? - 4/25/2014 4:17:44 PM   
vobbnobb

Can anyone confirm this?

Could tank crews use their ears more in ambush mode? No engine running? Could it be in ambush mode the reason tanks are harder to spot is because crews are not manned outside on coax mgs etc in ambush? Forces ai in buildings to move more if they don't see crew outside? The "enemy spotted" amount seems to go up when parked a 30-50 meters away from buildings in tank ambush mode also. Try it guys park next to a building with enemy soldiers and tick ambush you won't believe how many you will see try to sneak out, etc. Even open turret tanks greyhound m8 wolverine m20 protected from grenades and mg fire in ambush mode near buildings and out in open, watch there status changed from coward and pinned to no target in green arc ambush mode. They have to be hiding in tank..

< Message edited by vobbnobb -- 4/25/2014 9:27:53 PM >

(in reply to Ozymandias2)
Post #: 4
RE: Putting your tanks into ambush mode? - 4/29/2014 7:02:21 PM   
Steve McClaire

Putting vehicles on ambush does not make them spot better. It does make the vehicle slightly harder to spot, though.

Steve

(in reply to vobbnobb)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Tech Support >> Putting your tanks into ambush mode? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI