Timing of victory points awarded for enemy ships sunk

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

Timing of victory points awarded for enemy ships sunk

Post by Icedawg »

Are points awarded immediately after the sinking of an enemy ship? Or are they doled out piecemeal with some FOW added? I know the sunk ships list is mostly just a bunch of horse manure, so I don't pay much attention to it. But I have always been under the impression that the points awarded total for sunk ships was set in stone, infallible and immediate.

Am I correct on this? Or hopelessly off the mark - again?
witpqs

RE: Timing of victory points awarded for enemy ships sunk

Post by witpqs »

AFAIK the points are not awarded until the ship shows up sunk. BTW, when playing as Allies in a PBM I have numerous times seen IJN ships show up as confirmed sunk more than a year after the event! You might have some time to wait. [:D]

Allied ships generally show up a whole lot faster.
Spidery

RE: Timing of victory points awarded for enemy ships sunk

Post by Spidery »

The points for ships sunk shown on the right of the info screen is subject to FOW. It can go down between turns as ships are removed from the ships sunk list.

I believe that the total VP is accurate and immediately includes points for all ships sunk.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”