User Scenarios & Mods

Combat Command is Boku Strategy Games World War II operational game. strategy games played warfare on a hex playing field with turn-based game play utilizing company-sized units. Game design aspects include turn phases, combat resolution, unit design, scenarios and artificial intelligence.

Moderator: Obsolete

rhinobones

User Scenarios & Mods

Post by rhinobones »

A little help please.

This old game has an editor but so far I have not been able to locate a site where
user scenarios and game mods have been uploaded. Is there such a site? If so, please send
a link.

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
rickier65

RE: User Scenarios & Mods

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

A little help please.

This old game has an editor but so far I have not been able to locate a site where
user scenarios and game mods have been uploaded. Is there such a site? If so, please send
a link.

Regards, RhinoBones

If you go to the Mods section in this forum and change the date filter from the default of 365 days to show all topic, I think some scenarios will show up.

Thanks
Rick

Attachments
datefilter.jpg
datefilter.jpg (84.49 KiB) Viewed 297 times
rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

Appreciate the help, thanks.

I see that the entry points for amphibious and air drop reinforcements are player
controlled. This makes possible scenarios that are more random in design as opposed
to the standard scenarios where all units and entry points are designer defined.

I know that this game has gone cold, but if it is still being played, would
there be interest in scenarios which have player defined entry points? I'm thinking
of a land mass where players (or computer) decide which objectives and territory
they want to capture. After initial deployment (air drops and beach landings) the
game would play out in the usual manor.

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:

rhinobones

Post by rhinobones »

I've seen a number of scenario screen shots which have JMASS type terrain for summer and desert terrain. I do not have these files. A little help please, where can these be downloaded.

Also, I've been playing around with a scenario where all units are introduced via paradrop, amphibious and air landing. If tweaked correctly, the AI seems to be capable of locating entry points that simulate real (well...within a reasonable approximation of) military strategy. This might have potential to be a scenario where the players are challenged by changing enemy deployments and objectives as opposed to set piece scenarios.

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:

Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I uploaded a whole bunch of map terrain in the year 2012.

They are in the "mods" section on this forum here together with screen shots

Return to “Combat Command Series”