A note to Frank.

Piercing Fortress Europa is a new game from veteran game designer Frank Hunter, which covers the campaigns of the Western Allies from July, 1943 through the end of April, 1945 in Sicily and Italy. Each area has its own map and time scale to best represent the campaigns for Sicily and Italy and the player is offered complete freedom, limited only by a historical order of battle and logistics model, to plan his operations and explore all of the many “what ifs” that the Italian theater has to offer.
GBS

A note to Frank.

Post by GBS »

Sorry if this is out of place. Frank, I just picked up your old American Civil War game as a free download. What a simple but elegant game design! Haven't played enough yet to tell about the AI but so far it is making the right moves. FWIW I wish you would consider at some point, redesigning and updating this game. I can see some of your design features have been used by other civil war game designers in more recent games. Good on you and great work!

Proud owner of Piercing Europa
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
Agathosdaimon

RE: A note to Frank.

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Yes indeed, well worth updating - I am big Frank Hunter fan too!

but now with PFE done, i am hoping Frank can finally bring out Campaigns on the Elbe 1813! though whatever he does next will be great
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

1813 full campaign.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

yes please!!!!!
tombo

Post by tombo »

Does Campaigns on the Elbe 1813 play ok w Windows 8?

i like Franks games too..would like to try this.

cheers
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Campaigns on the Elbe should work fine with Windows 8. It has 3 campaigns, the 1806 campaign against Prussia, the Spring of 1813 campaign up until the armistice and the Autumn campaign that ended with the battle of Leipzig.

Glad to hear my old ACW is still freely available. And hopefully I can redo and upgrade that game one of these days.

Thanks guys
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

Campaigns on the Elbe is not out yet though is? its is the one i have been waiting for!

Campaigns on the Danube 1805 and 1809 works very well with windows 7, in fact i have La Grande Armee 1806 which was the first iteration in this period of these napoleonic operational campaigns and even it still works fine with windows 7 - played it again last week as Napoleon and it was hard to try and get the cities i needed to capture in time, one needs to be thinking big in these games, one cant just think to concentrate all your forces on the coalitions forces, it will end in disaster if try also to get to cities needed to be captured at the same time and with using up resources and generally disordering all the Corps

in the 1813 game will the coalition be playing their game of making napoleon go on wild goose chases trying to engage them just to tire his soldiers out?
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Great! Great!! games ACW, La Grande Armee 1806 and Campaigns on the Danube 1805 and 1809 I have them all and so hope there will be more additions especially for the Napoleonic period.

To Frank
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Return to “Piercing Fortress Europa”