Supreme commander 36

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Titanwarrior89

Supreme commander 36

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Anyone try that yet? If so, whats your take on the game.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Greybriar

RE: Supreme commander 36

Post by Greybriar »

Do you mean Supreme Ruler 1936? Steam is selling Early Access to the game for $29.99 is all I know.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

I've got Surpreme Ruler 2020 and Supreme Ruler Cold War. To the best of my knowledge Supreme Ruler 36 will be same as those with the time frame shifted back to 1936.

Both held much promise.

For me that promise went unfullfilled.

There is just too much going on all at once. Graphics hard to wrap my head around. To much micromanagement for a Grand Strategy level game but then some folks thrive on that. Lots of detail. Lots of unit types. Great diplomacy model. I found the military conflict mechanics to be more than I wished to deal with. Decent economics model. Good historical accuracy on the SR Coldwar and a reasonable prediction of possible world conditions that drive the game for SR 2020.

Both are well made and supported by the developer.

Both have what I would describe as a niche/limited following.

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
balto

Post by balto »

It is attempting to copy HOI3. I do not mean that in a harsh way.

But it is NOTHING compared to HOI 3. If you have HOI 3 and love it, then get this and mess around with it and then shelve it after 40-50 hours. If you do NOT have HOI 3, get HOI 3, it is legendary and awesome. They are working on HOI 4, so get started now.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Yep, thats the one. Do you know anything about it?
ORIGINAL: Greybriar

Do you mean Supreme Ruler 1936? Steam is selling Early Access to the game for $29.99 is all I know.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

balto

Post by balto »

I own it and spent about 20 hours on it. I do not believe I will pull it up again, based on my post above.
balto

Post by balto »

If you can figure out if there is a way for me to transfer ownership to you, explain how I do it, and it will be done. Free of charge.., if it is possible.
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

I have HOI3 and played Supreme Cmdr 2020.  I wasn't that impressed with SC2020.  Was wondering if Supreme Cmdr 1936 was any better.

Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

I own Supreme Ruler Cold War and I can tell you the game had promise but is a huge disappointment. There is a known bug where units would get stuck in large packs and never unstick or go home. They never fixed it so once burned twice shy for me. I’ll wait and see but my guess is they still have major issues with the engine and are just trying to generate more cash by selling a broken product again.

Here’s a thread over at Paradox where I posted a screenshot showing the issue in detail:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... treaty-Bug

I guess it is possible they did fix this, since I haven’t played in years. But this was the worst for me of the many issues the game had.

Jim
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

OK, think I'll pass on this one.[;)]

Return to “General Discussion”