Display

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

byron13

Display

Post by byron13 »

I'm using AE 1108q8a and have Windows 7. I think I used to have switches in the startup target set for full screen and 1600 x 900 resolution. Anyway, all of a sudden
when I run the cursor over bases, I get the black box with information (e.g., list of ships in port, list of land units). But when the cursor leaves the icon, while the data information goes away, the
black box does not. I end up with three or so black boxes covering the base, and I can't to run the cursor over the other icons. I have to move the cursor well away from the base and sometimes click somewhere else to get the
boxes to disappear. Looking at my switches, all I had was -f, which I'm not sure was what was originally there. Oddly, the black boxes disappear normally when I have the switches set to windowed (-w) and the problem only appears to be for full screen. Not aware of any
updates that may have changed anything. I don't like windowed because it is too small (is there a way to expand it to full screen?). Any idea what's going on?
wdolson

RE: Display

Post by wdolson »

You can adjust the size of the windowed version by changing the -px___ -py___ switches. If you set the resolution to close to the resolution set in Windows (you should always be less than the Windows set resolution), the window for the game will take up most of the monitor. There is no -f switch by itself, though some of the switches can have an f embedded.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

Return to “Tech Support”