Warlords bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

joshuamnave

Warlords bug

Post by joshuamnave »

It appears that the game is treating Warlords units as militia units, although nothing in the rules would seem to indicate that they are militia. When China is conquered or surrendered, Warlords under Japanese control are removed from the map.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
AxelNL

RE: Warlords bug

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: Zartacla

It appears that the game is treating Warlords units as militia units, although nothing in the rules would seem to indicate that they are militia. When China is conquered or surrendered, Warlords under Japanese control are removed from the map.

When playing with off-city reinf., the game does not treat them as militia and they can only be placed in their city. That makes 2 warlords bugs, assuming that their behaviour at your side is incorrect.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

That's a new one (in the past this didn't happen when Japan conquered China). Can you put the saved game in here?
Peter
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

Sorry, I didn't save it. In case it matters, in this case it was a Chinese surrender, not a conquest. Japan was 1 or 2 turns away from conquering it anyway, and surrendering put the US Entry over the top for a DOW, plus made sure that on the first turn of war the Japanese reserves were disorganized, including the marines. Japan had built all of the warlords for partisan garrison duty, and when they all disappeared it was a bit ugly - plus I had to rebuild them after just paying for them a few turns prior.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Sorry, I didn't save it. In case it matters, in this case it was a Chinese surrender, not a conquest. Japan was 1 or 2 turns away from conquering it anyway, and surrendering put the US Entry over the top for a DOW, plus made sure that on the first turn of war the Japanese reserves were disorganized, including the marines. Japan had built all of the warlords for partisan garrison duty, and when they all disappeared it was a bit ugly - plus I had to rebuild them after just paying for them a few turns prior.

Well, I do some checking than, because I should have a saved game somewhere where I probably can surrender China and see what happens with the warlords.
Peter
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

When playing with off-city reinf., the game does not treat them as militia and they can only be placed in their city. That makes 2 warlords bugs, assuming that their behaviour at your side is incorrect.

Game is correct - non-city hexes are always NatChinese, therefor ChiComs cannot be placed off-city.
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

Not all warlords are ChiCom. In fact, most are NatChinese, unless the ChiComs take the city from the nationalists. However (and I don't have a copy of the RAC handy atm, so correct me if I'm wrong) I believe the rules for warlords specifically say they can only be set up in their designated hex so even with off city reins, they shouldn't be able to be set up anywhere but their home city.

Which doesn't address the issue of the warlords under Japanese control going poof when Japan goes to peace.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Which is a bug (I just tested this)...
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Not all warlords are ChiCom. In fact, most are NatChinese, unless the ChiComs take the city from the nationalists. However (and I don't have a copy of the RAC handy atm, so correct me if I'm wrong) I believe the rules for warlords specifically say they can only be set up in their designated hex so even with off city reins, they shouldn't be able to be set up anywhere but their home city.

Which doesn't address the issue of the warlords under Japanese control going poof when Japan goes to peace.
Playing Off-city reinforcement, the Warlords are no less constricted than Militia which also have strict placement rules without that option. As mentioned, the ChiCom Warlords are an exception.
Paul
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Playing Off-city reinforcement, the Warlords are no less constricted than Militia which also have strict placement rules without that option. As mentioned, the ChiCom Warlords are an exception.

Except that the rules for Militia explicitly make an exception for off city reinforcements, while the rules for Warlords do not. However, the warlord rules do state that warlords are like any other unit for all purposes other than the inability to advance more than 6 hexes from their home city, so I would agree with your interpretation.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

Could I please get your saved game to reproduce this?
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

I've put it in the beta testers forum...
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

I've put it in the beta testers forum...
Thanks.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”