Multiplayer

QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.
nats

Multiplayer

Post by nats »

Is any online multiplayer planned for this game? It would be immensely good fun! I would love the chance to race against real people.

Or perhaps LAN or turn based play? Using the paused order system it would be a doddle to get a paused turn play system working with several players giving orders one after the other then watching the race pan out.
"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"
Niessuh

RE: Multiplayer

Post by Niessuh »

This is a possibility that has been present during all development. It is not going to happen in the short time, but it is something that I would like to try some day, maybe for a future Qvadriga II, who knows. There are some gameplay issues that needs some workaround, like having a variable number of opponents (4-6-8-9-12-16) o having to gather orders, calculate and send turns every ten seconds.
Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
HeinzHarald

Post by HeinzHarald »

Hotseat multiplayer would be awesome. Even without AI and just two human players without upgrades taking turn giving orders and then watching it play out (not knowing the order the other player picked until it plays out).

Mobile versions would benefit the most from this. My brother and I would play for hours whenever we get together.
Niessuh

Post by Niessuh »

this sounds like a good starting point for multiplayer [;)]
Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

I can't wait for a multiplayer option ! Would be so fun ...
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)

Return to “QVADRIGA”