LCU questions

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

panzer cat

LCU questions

Post by panzer cat »

1) how do you tell when a ground unit is eligible to upgrade.
2) depot divisions- when do they upgrade to full divisions.
Slyguy3129

RE: LCU questions

Post by Slyguy3129 »

1.) When you select the unit (I am operating under the assumption LCU is Land Combat Unit), when it displays the screen showing you what that unit it made up of ie, US Rifle Squad (0) 115= . With the example I have given, the information is telling you that this unit is made up of 115 squads 0 of which are disabled, and are eligible for upgrade.
The "=" sign next to the last number lets you know whether that unit device can upgrade. The number in parenthesis is the number of disabled squads of said device in said unit.
Devices will show a "+" at the end of the last number like the example given (where you would see the "=" indicated upgrade} showing the unit device is understrength and needs replacements.

2.) Don't know, sorry.

Also keep in mind to upgrade the unit needs to be in Rest/Training mode. Please correct any information that is not accurate.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Also keep in mind to upgrade the unit needs to be in Rest/Training mode. Please correct any information that is not accurate

In addition it needs to be at a supplied base (don't recall if base supply has to be at some number) and there needs to be devices in the pool to upgrade to for the allies (entire number must be there for this to happen). For the Japanese you need armaments in the armaments pool and then this will be reduced based on the cost of the device/s.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

won't the LCU also need to be within the command-radius of a 'Command HQ' unit, in order to upgrade?
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: panzer cat

1) how do you tell when a ground unit is eligible to upgrade.

The responses to this have gone a bit afield. Upgrading devices is a different animal than upgrading a "unit", and the conditions needed to upgrade are a different topic again. I know of three ways to tell when an LCU may upgrade its TOE.

1. Use Tracker

2. On the LCU detail screen, center bottom, click the button labeled "Show unit TOE". The text will turn red and read with the words "Show unit values". IOW, the other side of the button, where the text is not red, is the "normal" gameplay side. Now look up at the top of the device stack. If the unit has a TOE upgrade the text will be in yellow and say "The TOE of this unit includes". Click on the yellow text. It will now read "Upgrade TOE (XXX days)" with XXX a number of days. When that number reaches zero, if all conditions are met (Upgrade Allowed button on, 2X supply, Rest mode, HQ, devices in pools, etc.) the LCU will upgrade.

3. To check upgrades globally, or in combo with filters, click on the LCU "orange flag" symbol on the task bar. Set filters for nationality and unit type as desired. Then in the upper right corner, click on "Show Soft" so it reads "Show Hard." Look at the column titled "TOE". That shows days to allowed upgrades. If it is -1 the date is already past and the LCU is good to upgrade. If a dash it can never upgrade. If a positive integer that is the number of days remaining. The columns are sortable by clicking on the titles.

There may be other ways in the UI, but these are the three I use.
The Moose
Slyguy3129

Post by Slyguy3129 »

I must have read his post three times and still didn't answer his question! Thanks Bullwinkle now I'm in the know as well.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”