Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Techinal Question on new scenario files

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> Techinal Question on new scenario files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Techinal Question on new scenario files - 2/6/2003 6:03:46 AM   
Possum

Hello.
Can anyone tell me what the extra 322 bytes on the new WIR3.3 Scenario data files is for?
Does it contain new, vital information?
I have had no luck trying to see what this extra data is.

"We're having a war, and we want you to come!"
So the pig began to whistle and to pound on a drum.
"We'll give you a gun, and we'll give you a hat!"
And the pig began to whistle when they told the piggies that.
Post #: 1
- 3/19/2003 6:26:37 AM   
Delta-V

Bytes 59933 to 59964 are "Lost Since Start" numbers, but that's all I can figure out. They're each 3 bytes long, listed in the order of the end-of-turn summary screen.

Bytes 59965-60164 are Korps flags for special supply.

Is there a list of the bytes somewhere? I've got most of them figured out, but there's a few I can't get:
12401-12800 (Factory data?)
15901-15950 (HQ data?)
54351-54550 (Korps data?)
58380-58542
58642-58702
59103-59492
59686-59602
Plus the new bytes.

I've been messing with Michael Fleshman's Editor, correcting a couple of errors and making some improvements. His email in the readme doesn't work, tho. I was going to send him my new version.

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 2
- 3/29/2003 6:12:24 AM   
Delta-V

If anybody's interested in trying out the scenerio editor, I'll email it. It's just a little big to post here.

We go, we go, we go to war, to hew the stone and break the door;
For bole and bough are burning now, the furnace roars – we go to war!
To land of gloom with tramp of doom, with roll of drum, we come, we come;
To Isengard with doom we come!
With doom w

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 3
- 4/3/2003 6:42:50 AM   
Possum

Delta-V, Yes, I'm interested.

"We're having a war, and we want you to come!"
So the pig began to whistle and to pound on a drum.
"We'll give you a gun, and we'll give you a hat!"
And the pig began to whistle when they told the piggies that.

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 4
- 4/3/2003 8:09:43 AM   
K62

Hi, Delta-V. I'm also interested. My email is [email]andyfurtuna@hotmail.com[/email].

Do you think it's possible to make the editor ask for a password and only display your side? I would use it to check the statistics on my troops during a game, but it's like a cheat since it also shows your enemy's data.

Also, could you share the list of the bytes you've already got? I'm interested in porting the editor to Access, where there's much more you can do in terms of databases.

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak"
John Adams

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 5
- 4/4/2003 4:28:00 PM   
Mika Väliviita

You might want to check my editors definition file, I don't remember if I have all those addresses but probably some of them.

And there is an option to black out either side, although not password protected.

[URL]http://www.helsinki.fi/~valiviit/gedit.html[/URL]

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 6
- 4/4/2003 10:19:53 PM   
matt.buttsworth

How do I edit a scenario? And how do I change the manpower multiplier for German and Russian reinforcements in a scenario? I want to edit Possum 6.

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 7
- 4/5/2003 9:30:52 AM   
Delta-V

[QUOTE]Originally posted by K62
[B]Do you think it's possible to make the editor ask for a password and only display your side? I would use it to check the statistics on my troops during a game, but it's like a cheat since it also shows your enemy's data.

Also, could you share the list of the bytes you've already got? I'm interested in porting the editor to Access, where there's much more you can do in terms of databases. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sending you the file now. I'll include the Byte list in the file.

I'm sure I could come up with something to hide the enemy data, it's not too hard. You could always use the autofilter before you opened the file, too. Password protection might be kinda silly...if you wanted to cheat, you'd just use another editor. Without encrypting the game file, there's not much point.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mika Väliviita
[B]You might want to check my editors definition file, I don't remember if I have all those addresses but probably some of them.
[/B][/QUOTE]
Looks like you've got about what I've got. There's a few groups of bytes that look like index numbers, and a couple that never seem to change. I was thinking some might be 'fog of war' visibility, but it looks like the game calculates visibility every time you load a save-game.

With doom w

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 8
Thanks, Delta-V! - 4/6/2003 5:21:29 AM   
K62

Impressive work... I especially liked the map. Too bad I'll have to delete it, it shows both sides :( Otherwise it would have been nice to know instantly where a certain airgroup or division is. And I think it's a great improvement for those who actually design scenarios.

BTW, how did you access Michael's macros, even though they're password protected? As I said, I plan to move this kind of thing to MS Access, which also suports VBA, and if I could just run those macros it would make it much easier. :rolleyes:

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak"
John Adams

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 9
- 4/6/2003 5:25:41 AM   
K62

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mika Väliviita
[B]
And there is an option to black out either side, although not password protected.
[/B][/QUOTE]

How do you do that, Mika? I've been playing with it a little and, even though it is quite user-friendly (for a text-based interface, at least ;) - did you develop it under UNIX?), I couldn't discover that... Very nice feature that you can edit several types of scenarios from different games!

John Adams

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 10
Re: Thanks, Delta-V! - 4/6/2003 8:38:39 AM   
Delta-V

[B]Impressive work... I especially liked the map. Too bad I'll have to delete it, it shows both sides :( Otherwise it would have been nice to know instantly where a certain airgroup or division is. And I think it's a great improvement for those who actually design scenarios.

BTW, how did you access Michael's macros, even though they're password protected? As I said, I plan to move this kind of thing to MS Access, which also suports VBA, and if I could just run those macros it would make it much easier. :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]
Yea, the map really helps when setting up scenarios. You could keep the map, just delete the opposing korps and HQs.

Yea, I hacked Michael's VBA password. :eek: As usual, MS's security isn't so hot and VBA password encryption can be hacked in about 5ms. Dunno why I even bothered re-passwording it. I'll send you the password. I re-wrote everything and cleaned it up to make it run quicker, but Michael did the hard work by figuring out the bytes. (I hope he's not offended)

With doom w

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 11
- 4/6/2003 9:36:05 PM   
K62

Thanks, Delta-V! It's really great to have all those macros. I'm really amazed at how you made the map (and how you hacked the password :D ). Two thumbs up! :cool:

How about posting the editor online, so more people could enjoy it? I can help, if you want.

John Adams

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 12
- 4/7/2003 4:05:12 PM   
Mika Väliviita

[B]How do you do that, Mika? I've been playing with it a little and, even though it is quite user-friendly (for a text-based interface, at least ;) - did you develop it under UNIX?), I couldn't discover that... Very nice feature that you can edit several types of scenarios from different games! [/B][/QUOTE]

One of the Alt- commands (I forget, it's been a while) listed on the main screen is "hide color 1" (and it then changes to "hide color 2" and "show both colors"), which does what it says (it actually still outputs everything, just using black on black :))

It was on DOS and DJGPP.

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> Techinal Question on new scenario files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI