BrianG vs Bobo

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

821Bobo

BrianG vs Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

I have decided to start this AAR mostly because of Rex spamming the forum how the Soviet side is unplayable and weak. My opponent or me (depends on how the game will evolve) can still be disregarded as incompetent however I am not the one who should decide it.

I am playing vs BrianG alternate 260VP GC with random weather and reduced Blizzard effects.
Currently we are in January 1942.
From my perspective Brian is capable opponent and had made only one mistake in the summer campaign. He diverted 2 Panzer Korps from AGC to AGN and another one from AGC to AGS. This resulted in nearly no pressure towards Moscow and I could send most of the reinforcements to Leningrad area. In the end Leningrad had fallen but it was in the first week of January. I think good trade off when Moscow has not been threatened in 1941 at all.
The random weather was kind to Brian with not a single mud turn in my favor.

btw. Does anyone know good picture hosting? It seems imageshack.com is not for free anymore. [:(]
swkuh

RE: BrianG vs Bobo (no Brian pls)

Post by swkuh »

Wonder what "balance factors" you guys are using?

(I've found 100-90-90-90-100 gives very good games, Ger. vs. AI.)
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

The nice thing about imageshack was the ability to do big pictures so you could show the entire front. Photobucket is a free service, but you can't do the same big screenies.
timmyab

Post by timmyab »

You know you can post images on this server don't you? It's limited to one image per post though.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

M60 and Tim thank you. I totally forgot about the option to upload attachments directly in forum.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

ORIGINAL: rrbill

Wonder what "balance factors" you guys are using?

(I've found 100-90-90-90-100 gives very good games, Ger. vs. AI.)

All is set to 100.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Some probably useless statistics from the first half year of the war.

Attachments
stats.jpg
stats.jpg (153 KiB) Viewed 431 times
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Here are the total losses. Screenshot is from turn 31.

Attachments
straty.jpg
straty.jpg (214.21 KiB) Viewed 431 times
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: 821Bobo

I have decided to start this AAR mostly because of Rex spamming the forum how the Soviet side is unplayable and weak. My opponent or me (depends on how the game will evolve) can still be disregarded as incompetent however I am not the one who should decide it.

I am playing vs BrianG alternate 260VP GC with random weather and reduced Blizzard effects.
Currently we are in January 1942.
From my perspective Brian is capable opponent and had made only one mistake in the summer campaign. He diverted 2 Panzer Korps from AGC to AGN and another one from AGC to AGS. This resulted in nearly no pressure towards Moscow and I could send most of the reinforcements to Leningrad area. In the end Leningrad had fallen but it was in the first week of January. I think good trade off when Moscow has not been threatened in 1941 at all.
The random weather was kind to Brian with not a single mud turn in my favor.

btw. Does anyone know good picture hosting? It seems imageshack.com is not for free anymore. [:(]

excellent idea (though I doubt anyone will convince G-rex), neat to start in 1942 as I do think that is now the decisive point to a reasonably balanced game
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

you lost 9 mountain divisions , was it because of Lvov or later ?

821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

ORIGINAL: Gabriel B.

you lost 9 mountain divisions , was it because of Lvov or later ?

Some of them were lost in the Lvov pocket but rest afterwards. I don't remember now the circumstances but it was not in one single pocket. Usually I pull back the Mountain divisions but probably I have had to use them as last option in some breakthroughs. And lost them. [:(]
STEF78

Post by STEF78 »

I have decided to start this AAR mostly because of Rex spamming the forum how the Soviet side is unplayable and weak.

+1 but I'm sure it will not convince G-rex. The only way is to play and crush Wheat as GHC.

For my pictures, I use http://www.hostingpics.net/
GHC 9-0-3
SHC 10-0-4
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Actually I hope for interesting 42 for both sides. The reduced Blizzard should help.

I am uploading now pictures directly to the forum. If it will work w/o issues I will stick with it.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Some more numbers.
Industry preserved:
Armament points 342
Heavy industry points 197
Vehicle points 140
All the important AFV and A/C factories were evacuated.

State of the Red Army(15.1.1942 w/o frozen units):
Rifle divisions 345 (27 Guards)
Cavalry corps 16 (2 Guards)
Tank divisions 3
Mountain divisions 5 (1 Guard)
Tank brigades 100 (2 Guards)
Rifle brigades 151

I have also 6 IL2 guard squadrons and 1 guard night bomber (I have no idea how they managed to get over 100 kills, the rest of them have only 0-5 kills)

Here is the situation from mid January (black line) and the furthest Axis gains (red line).

Attachments
mapa.jpg
mapa.jpg (649.83 KiB) Viewed 438 times
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Excellent presentation, I just would like to request a couple of more data points:

Manpower points at Axis High water mark
Vehicles in units (and pool even though they are in the diagram)

You managed to avoid cratering the ARM pool, well done! Any particular tricks?

How many vehicles were lost in supply operations last turn? You are getting rather far from rail.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

Manpower points at Axis High water mark

2605 (27.11.1941), now it is slowly rising, currently 2704
Vehicles in units (and pool even though they are in the diagram)
How many vehicles were lost in supply operations last turn? You are getting rather far from rail.

Turn sent and I am not tracking it. Will check it next turn. In pool are 151920 vehicles.

Actually I am out of arms. It is the "All pools" figure. I will start tracking rather the active pools. I should have done it from beginning.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Actually I am out of arms. It is the "All pools" figure. I will start tracking rather the active pools. I should have done it from beginning.
All ARM points are in the active pool, so it should not be any difference. I read the diagram as showing that you never had below 100k, though the number for the early turns did raise some suspicion as there usually are more than 1.2M until at least turn 3. With a 6M OOB it is not surprising that you are out of ARM.
randallw

Post by randallw »

Some more numbers.
Industry preserved:
Armament points 342
Vehicle points 140

I have also 6 IL2 guard squadrons and 1 guard night bomber (I have no idea how they managed to get over 100 kills, the rest of them have only 0-5 kills)

There is some weird result with the game i've seen that on the first turn a few Soviet bomber units will end up with a big bunch of kills from ground support, perhaps in the 20's or 30's. Could be a bug?
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

ORIGINAL: gingerbread
All ARM points are in the active pool, so it should not be any difference. I read the diagram as showing that you never had below 100k, though the number for the early turns did raise some suspicion as there usually are more than 1.2M until at least turn 3. With a 6M OOB it is not surprising that you are out of ARM.

I have looked at my last 3 games stats and in all the arms are hanging around 1M in the first 3-4 turns. It never came anywhere close to 1.2M.
821Bobo

Post by 821Bobo »

ORIGINAL: randallw

Some more numbers.
Industry preserved:
Armament points 342
Vehicle points 140

There is some weird result with the game i've seen that on the first turn a few Soviet bomber units will end up with a big bunch of kills from ground support, perhaps in the 20's or 30's. Could be a bug?

The day tactical bombers seems to be fine. Plenty of them have many kills. Just the one night bomber squadron seems be anomaly.

Return to “After Action Reports”