pbem

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

charlie0311

pbem

Post by charlie0311 »

would someone direct me on how to transfer the game turn (psv file) from the email(attachment) into the correct matrix directory.

please be specific, not computer literate on this end.

19, that is, 19!, back and forth with matrix support. I should be pretty PO'd, strangely, I'm not.

charlie
Blubel

RE: pbem

Post by Blubel »

You download it, locate it on your harddrive and put it into "harddrive":\matrix\Gary Grigsby's War in the East\Dat\save
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

thx blubel,

Put it into, how? the manual says transfer it, but no how.

charlie
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

You copy it like every other data file.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

never having copied a data file or even seen those two words together in this manner, i would not know how to copy a data file.

Oh, silly me, i thought saying "please be specific" and not computer literate might get a nice "no brainer" list to follow. Such as 1) place the mouse pointer over the psv file on the email 2) left click etc..etc, everything.

Dare to dream!!

charlie
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

Ok, lets try again. Have you downloaded the file? If not, exactly telling you how to might be tricky, as it could vary depending on the email account or email client you use. Generally it should either work with a download button, which you have to click useing the left mouse button, or bei downloading it clicking left on the shown file.
If you have downloaded the file, you go to the folder were you downloaded it to. Were this is depends on your PC, but most likely it will either be your desktop or a folder named "downloads". There you locate the .psv file put your mouse over it and right click on it. You will be shown a list. In this list there will be the option "copy", you click on it with your left mouse button. You then go (by double clicking) to the folder "harddrive":\matrix\Gary Grigsby's War in the East\Dat\save. Mostly it would be"C:\", but that depends on were you installed the game. In this folder you click your right mouse button and select "paste". The .psv file should now be in the folder.
You can thereafter select the safegame and load it.

By the way, why don't you simply use the Server multiplayer? It is easier to manage.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

thx so much, file is now in folder. However the game is not picking it up. That is i go to the wite window, the one with the PLAY option, then to the options/scenarios/saves/etc page. Click pbem, click saved game and ,,,, its not there.

so i go back and look at the saves folder in the matrix games/wite/dat/etc.. there it is. So something must be wrong with the game. i will contact matrix.

good question about why did i go email instead of server, short answer would be didn't know what i was getting into and had a guy who wanted to with email. He's still hangin in there even after all this. We have made a little progress, i am sov, got the set up started, he got the email and did t1 and sent it to me. that's where we are.
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

You sure you clicked the right "pbem"? The one in the save game window, not the one on the start screen?
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

to the one most awesome, that's you blubel,

got it all fixed, i had screwed up the paste part

Return to “Tech Support”