Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/27/2014 10:59:21 PM   
springel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

I don't get that here.

Anyone on XP experience this behaviour following loyalcitrizen's sequence of steps?

I did exactly that, in XP(*), had no problems.

(*) but I am going to have to migrate to Windows 7 within a few weeks.

< Message edited by springel -- 3/28/2014 12:00:15 AM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 31
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/28/2014 7:09:42 AM   
loyalcitizen

quote:

I don't get that here.

Anyone on XP experience this behaviour following loyalcitrizen's sequence of steps?

loyalcitrizen,

Can you lease open your Game directory in Windows Explorer, sort by file type, scroll down so that all files of type 'application extension' are in view, take a screen dump and post it back here.

Ok, here it is. I deleted the 4 .dll files already, to make it work in the first place.
I can open a game and start playing, but if I try to save or load a game, CTD.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 32
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/28/2014 12:26:10 PM   
Arjuna

loyal,

Thanks or that. Can you move the MIMG32.dll file out of this directory to a temporary location. Then try running the game and se if that allows you to save and load.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to loyalcitizen)
Post #: 33
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/28/2014 4:33:02 PM   
loyalcitizen

Moved it out and no luck. Still allows me to play as usual, but saving and loading cause CTD.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 34
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/28/2014 10:15:31 PM   
Arjuna

loyal,

Send me a DX Diag report please. You can find out how here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3026705

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Post #: 35
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/29/2014 5:46:11 AM   
loyalcitizen

OK, PM Sent.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 36
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/29/2014 7:12:21 PM   
Joe D.

Any idea when the final product will be posted so that I can play the Axis side?

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

Post #: 37
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/29/2014 10:08:18 PM   
Arjuna

Joe,

Please remind me why you can't play the Axis side now?

I hope to resolve the issue with MS dlls next week. It's a vexed issue in that MS Installer automatically allows you to install any prerequisites such as the MDC Framework and VC++ 2010 Runtimes. So on load it checks your machine and downloads from MS site the appropriate prerequisite software and installs it before installing our game. It has worked fine in the past but MS have issued an updated set of VC++ 2010 Runtimes (SP1) and we use these to generate our Game code. However, here's the rub, the prerequisites are not installing the latest SP1 version but the previous one. Hence we get into trouble. If your machine for any reason has the latest version already installed then it won't let you proceed. If it doesn't it does install the Runtimes but the old version and if you are running XP this causes problems. The workaround is that we will have to manually install the latest runtimes - a veritable pain in the ar$e. Once I have that done we will get out another beta to test the workaround and then put out the final.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 38
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/29/2014 11:56:41 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

Joe,

Please remind me why you can't play the Axis side now? ...

I was playing "Race to Bastogne" as the Axis and Panzer Lehr gave me that old "can't complete its move in allotted time" message; all the other Axis units seemed OK
with their missions, so perhaps it was just a glitch when it showed only 2 days to complete its move in a 5-day plus scenario.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 39
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/30/2014 6:52:22 AM   
Arjuna

Joe,

Just change the end time so it has more time. That's a pretty simple workaround.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 40
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 3/30/2014 9:41:51 AM   
Joe D.

quote:

Joe,

Just change the end time so it has more time. That's a pretty simple workaround.

That's what I eventually did -- I was just surprised to see it could still happen, albeit infrequently.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 41
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/5/2014 4:55:02 PM   
Fred Sanford

edit: never mind, just read Arjuna's post.

< Message edited by Fred Sanford -- 4/5/2014 5:56:39 PM >

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 42
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/6/2014 11:46:15 AM   
Joe D.

I haven't gone through all the scenarios from both sides, but I've noticed that there are now more scenarios that play better from one side than the another. Of course, in many scenarios the AI just plays better, period.

IMO, the simplest answer to address this issue is to "tweak" the value of some objectives to compensate for the changed behavior of the AI under the new improvements.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to Fred Sanford)
Post #: 43
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/8/2014 6:32:01 PM   
Perturabo

I noticed that vehicle MGs got gimped and now they have lower range and accuracy than LMGs. Wouldn't Coax MGs be as accurate as tripod mounted ones or more due to optics with zoom?

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 44
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/10/2014 1:47:00 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

quote:

Joe,

That's what I eventually did -- I was just surprised to see it could still happen, albeit infrequently.

Update: Playing as the Axis in "Greyhound Dash" I found that sometimes the game won't accept the work-around to push back the date.
I have no clue why that happens.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 45
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/11/2014 1:30:07 AM   
Tim James

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.
Update: Playing as the Axis in "Greyhound Dash" I found that sometimes the game won't accept the work-around to push back the date.
I have no clue why that happens.

I think after they've cancelled it, sometimes it's too late to give them extra time. Like the attack has already been deleted but not quite cleaned up yet by the rest of the game. Just speculating.

< Message edited by Tim James -- 4/11/2014 2:30:41 AM >

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 46
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/11/2014 7:15:16 AM   
phoenix

Joe. You can't push the time back after you've set it, I think, after the AI has started actioning the task. I think Dave meant that you shouldn't accept, necessarily, the default times, but push it back a bit when you originally set the task. I always just click a couple of more days, to be honest. It seems to make no diff to how quickly they get on with it, but it usually means they won't run out of time.

< Message edited by phoenix -- 4/11/2014 8:17:30 AM >

(in reply to Tim James)
Post #: 47
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/12/2014 9:21:56 PM   
Fred Sanford

quote:

ORIGINAL: phoenix

I always just click a couple of more days, to be honest. It seems to make no diff to how quickly they get on with it, but it usually means they won't run out of time.

This is what I do, too.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 48
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/13/2014 1:41:32 PM   
MikeJ19

I think that the latest patch is good. I have some issues with the ability of the Arty Units - I think that in the defence they are too strong. I just posted about 3 Tigers being destroyed in about 10 minutes by 10 105 mm Guns - which seems wrong to me.

However, overall the game works very well and I agree with Daz, move on to the Med pack and then CO2.

Thanks,

Mike

(in reply to Fred Sanford)
Post #: 49
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/13/2014 2:38:24 PM   
phoenix

Mike. I just put up a query about those 3 Tigers, in that thread.

Peter

(in reply to MikeJ19)
Post #: 50
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/16/2014 1:34:14 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

I noticed that vehicle MGs got gimped and now they have lower range and accuracy than LMGs. Wouldn't Coax MGs be as accurate as tripod mounted ones or more due to optics with zoom?

Nice spot.

Regarding those vehicle mounted machine guns. Note that the BFTB modeling is very generic: we have abstracted those mounts into several very general categories, and that forced us to make a trade-off regarding accuracies and ranges (we also got some feedback from an actual tanker who questioned the effectiveness of bow mounted machine guns). Indeed, we're not accounting for more advanced optics than your average tank driver slit or pedestal-mounted MG.

If you have good data on which vehicles had those more sophisticated mounts, feel free to create duplicates of the existing "generic" mounts, modify them so to account for those factor and replace in the vehicle the "stock" mount with yours.

< Message edited by Bletchley_Geek -- 4/16/2014 2:35:03 AM >

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 51
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/17/2014 1:49:51 AM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bletchley_Geek

quote:

Nice spot.

Regarding those vehicle mounted machine guns. Note that the BFTB modeling is very generic: we have abstracted those mounts into several very general categories, and that forced us to make a trade-off regarding accuracies and ranges (we also got some feedback from an actual tanker who questioned the effectiveness of bow mounted machine guns). Indeed, we're not accounting for more advanced optics than your average tank driver slit or pedestal-mounted MG.

If you have good data on which vehicles had those more sophisticated mounts, feel free to create duplicates of the existing "generic" mounts, modify them so to account for those factor and replace in the vehicle the "stock" mount with yours.

Bow mounted MG is just one of multiple tank MGs. There's also Coax and AA MG. From what I've seen, most of tanks have only the one that represents the Bow MG (the worst).

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.

(in reply to Bletchley_Geek)
Post #: 52
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/17/2014 2:16:03 AM   
Bletchley_Geek

quote:

Bow mounted MG is just one of multiple tank MGs. There's also Coax and AA MG. From what I've seen, most of tanks have only the one that represents the Bow MG (the worst).

And you're right, Pertu. Can you make a list for me of the affected vehicles?

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 53
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/17/2014 6:16:40 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bletchley_Geek

quote:

And you're right, Pertu. Can you make a list for me of the affected vehicles?

Well, it's almost all tanks and some other vehicles like jeeps and half-tracks.

So, it's probably necessary to search for estabs using all veh mgs. From what I've seen, only the .50 cal M2 HB MG - veh and possibly .30 cal M1919A5 - halftrack isn't affected (I'm not sure because the latter still has drastically higher accuracy drop than lmg).

(in reply to Bletchley_Geek)
Post #: 54
RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback - 4/18/2014 8:50:03 AM   
Mahatma

I think I've spotted the line formation problem again. Coys are sometimes either moving into line formation after assaulting or defaulting to line formation during a move task which has the objective within 1km. Also, defaulting to line formation when a defend task has been ordered, when the obj location is very close and the unit is under threat from enemies, e.g. after an assault when rearranging the defensive locations.

< Message edited by Mahatma -- 4/18/2014 10:42:01 AM >

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> RE: Build 4.6.276 Feedback Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI