Automatic pilot selection

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

slane_slith

Automatic pilot selection

Post by slane_slith »

I have gotten to the point that I’m tired of messing with pilot replacement every turn.

Question 1:
If I set a squadron to AUTOMATIC, the skill level to ANY and the pool to REPLACEMENT, will the computer then only pull pilots out of the replacement pool?

Question 2:
If I set a squadron to AUTOMATIC, the skill level to > 50 and the pool to ANY will the computer pull pilots of higher skill level, 60’s 70’s etc, if there are no level 50 pilots available?

Thanks
slane
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph" -Thomas Paine
Alfred

RE: Automatic pilot selection

Post by Alfred »

You are confusing experience with skill.

When set to auto replacements you only get to influence the experience level of pilots which will be auto drafted.  Never their particular skill level in any specific attribute.

A 70+ experienced pilot with a 13 skill level in air to air combat is going to get killed very quickly if auto drafted into a fighter squadron.

Alfred
slane_slith

Post by slane_slith »

As usual your right. I haven't messed with it in so long id forgotten that...

Thanks Alfred
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph" -Thomas Paine
robinsa

Post by robinsa »

So what does experience actually do? Is it just another modifier thats good to have or anything more specific?
msieving1

Post by msieving1 »

ORIGINAL: robinsa

So what does experience actually do? Is it just another modifier thats good to have or anything more specific?

It reflect general flying skill. For one thing, it determines the risk of operational loss.
-- Mark Sieving

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”