To Win Epic - sometimes just too much

QVADRIGA is a tactical game of chariot racing in ancient Roman circuses, where you take control of a four horse chariot team.
gargoil

To Win Epic - sometimes just too much

Post by gargoil »

Don't get me wrong - this is a great game.

But...

To win the Epic Campaign right now, at least in the situation I'm in, is a bit rough.

I have one Auriga at 13 wins, another at 10 and the last at 4 wins. I have won many races at the Circus Maximus (and am racing there exclusively right now). The Global leader for my faction has 27 wins! Feels futile to even try to reach that. I even bounced around for a while to find this guy and see if I could bump him off. That is also very difficult.

What am I missing?
SteveD64

RE: To Win Epic - sometimes just too much

Post by SteveD64 »

Good question. My dead Auriga is still showing as faction leader so I'm not even sure if killing the top guy would even work. If you managed to kill him would you still need more than 27 wins?
Manticore8

Post by Manticore8 »

In the event of the death of the 27-win driver, the driver with the next highest first-place wins for that faction gets bumped up to faction leader. So if thirteen wins is the highest in your faction, you're the new faction top dog.

But just because a driver has such a high count like 27 wins, doesn't make him much less vulnerable to the lash and the spikes. It says a lot for the neat strategic angle in this game. Your closest rivals in wins, from any faction, both above and directly below you in the standings, are the main obstacles to climbing the charts in my campaign experiences.

I think too though that having to spend money to keep travelling in search of Mr. Big without any sort of clue where he even might be is a bit hard to swallow.

I have a dead driver still appearing in the lists too, am pretty sure it's been noted already.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Manticore8
I think too though that having to spend money to keep travelling in search of Mr. Big without any sort of clue where he even might be is a bit hard to swallow.

Exactly--surely you would know where one of the world's greatest charioteers is racing? So you can go there and kill him...
gargoil

Post by gargoil »

Update from original poster:

Now that top driver has 31 wins, my top guy has 20. That top guy appeared at the Circus Maximus were I was racing. I had one of my other aurigas in that race and went after him again. Killed 2 of his horses and wounded him. He still lives. I guess the term "Epic" does apply.

Return to “QVADRIGA”