Help needed

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

wodin

Help needed

Post by wodin »

I downloaded the East front scenarios but as they each have their own XML and estab file I'm not sure where they go or which to use..I tried the latest one but the scenarios either froze when ti said it may take awhile or CTD when it's about to bring up the scenario.

I mentioned this in the EF thread but no one got back to me.

Thanks
navwarcol

RE: Help needed

Post by navwarcol »

Hey Jason... yeah, I think you would like the EF ones, he did a great job on them.
Put the estab files in the folder "estabs" and the scenario of course in the scenario folder. You will have to probably go through the wait for the map to run, do that in the "map editor" mode first though, then save it when it finishes, then go in, and run the scenario normally. The wait part, is less in the map editor, than if you try to do it from the game itself, and once it does its thing, it never has to again.
wodin

Post by wodin »

The issue I have is that I have aload of EF XML and estabs as each scenario brings out a new one..I've tried the latest but as I said got a CTD.
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

The scenarios should be all linked to one however. So you may want to open them in the scenario editor, and check which one they link to. As long as that name, is in the estab file it would not be the reason for your ctd. I only have one of them so far, will check when I go home and download another and see if perhaps they can use the same one.
The ctd might be an issue with the mapping not being converted as that happened to myself before as well. Have you gone into map editor to load and then save the map with the new patch?
wodin

Post by wodin »

WIll do, thanks
ChrisMaiorana

Post by ChrisMaiorana »

Hi Wodin. I am sorry about not responding sooner. Its been awhile since I hit the forum and I forgot about your original message. So did navwarcol's suggestion work for you?
wodin

Post by wodin »

Yeah it did mate:)
ChrisMaiorana

Post by ChrisMaiorana »

Great. I hope you enjoy the scenarios Wodin. I've got a few more to release. Four in and around Riga 1944, Narva 1944 (possibly) and a Sevastopol 1941 siege. The Sevastopol scenario features five German divisions and a mix of Soviet forces fighting at the battalion level.
ChrisMaiorana

Post by ChrisMaiorana »

Wodin have you had a chance to play these yet?

Return to “Command Ops Series”