Single man counters vaporizing when running under FFE counters.

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
jonj01

Single man counters vaporizing when running under FFE counters.

Post by jonj01 »

This happened with two medics and a hero in a couple of games. For some reason when you run a single man counter into a hex that has the FFE counter, The computer fires on them with a firepower of ""77" and vaporizes them.

I tried to run a medic to help a couple of shaken units...vaporized...I ran another medic in ....vaporized.

I moved a hero in another game into a hex with a FFE counter...same thing ...vaporized.

No one else in the hex is bothered...the computer just has a serious hard-on for that single man unit.

Has anyone else seen this??
Tom Proudfoot

RE: Single man counters vaporizing when running under FFE counters.

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

I assume the shaken units were under the FFE counter when you moved the medic to 'em?

Was the hero the only unit in his FFE hex once he moved in there?

Oh, also, was the FFE from offboard artillery or a mortar?
jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

The hero was going to melee two broken enemy squads...nothing happened to the squads...the hero got vaporized..."77" firepower i think.

The medic was running to shaken squads beneath the FFE counter nothing happened to the squads...medic vaporized.

FFE from onboard mortar each time...the medic got vaporized by enemy mortar...the hero got vaporized by friendly mortar fire.

These happened in two scenarios I've been designing...I don't know if that makes a difference...but everything else..LOS..AI behavior...all works well...it is just a little strange. If this is isolated to my funky scenarios no big deal ..i just add a note on the scenario briefing

Thanks for the help, Tom.
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Was the mortar still around when they ran under the FFE? There was a bug long ago where if you killed off a mortar then ran under the FFE it had left behind, it would get confused. I also assume the mortar has a normal firepower and not 77 firepower when you hover over its stats. [;)]

jonj01

Post by jonj01 »

The FFE is from on board mortars, still there,...called in by leaders each time(so the mortars do not have LOS to target). The mortars have firepower 3 (81mm both times).
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Doesn't repeat with various tests - do you happen to have a save? Thanks.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”