Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggest Energy Station at Home World?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Suggest Energy Station at Home World? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggest Energy Station at Home World? - 3/10/2014 4:53:41 AM   
soilwork595

Just started up a new game and off the bat it suggested I build an Energy Station at my home planet. I'm a bit confused since I've never seen this pop up in all my times playing. There is no energy benefit I can see. Is this some sort of bug?
Post #: 1
RE: Suggest Energy Station at Home World? - 3/10/2014 9:47:27 AM   
Fenrisfil

It's not a bug. It is more of a relic of AI thinking.

Basically the AI has determined your not at your full research potential, has figured you need to increase your number of energy labs and hasn't spotted somewhere with a bonus nearby. So it is recommending you build one around your home base.

If you play pre-warp you'll get those recommendations much more frequently. IIRC, the AI only started doing this with Shadows so it could be partially why you've not seen this before. Pre-Warp AI races really do need those non-bonus energy stations, or else they take forever to research hyperdrives (The players Empire has a huge advantage in pre-warp due to design flexibility). You'll notice when you hit one of their systems on a pre-warp start they have built two or three of those stations around their homebase.

Obviously, ignore the suggestion. If you need more labs just build them on your homebase itself (an option outside the scope of the AI).

< Message edited by Fenrisfil -- 3/10/2014 10:48:40 AM >

(in reply to soilwork595)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Suggest Energy Station at Home World? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI