Game is too easy...

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

mashkis

Game is too easy...

Post by mashkis »

I purchased this game during the Holidays but waited for the new patch to give it a try. I just did my first play through as the Allies and I got ultimate victory on turn 47. Germany fell around turn 39 and Turkey was the last country to fall. The first 15 turns were hard but it got very easy afterwards.

I did notice that Germany used their naval forces very little and I was able to destroy their supplies on by the Russian side each time.

So, is this game too easy or the AI so weak after this new patch? I was expecting to go close to 100 turns. A bit disappointed in this game overall. I expected much more of challenge.
Numdydar

RE: Game is too easy...

Post by Numdydar »

Try the CP and report your results [:)]
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

The game as the Central Powers is very hard...and as it's always the side i choose, i lose most of the time. I love the game but still think the forces are unbalanced....imho, the CP should be much stronger.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

To be honest I am not sure if the CP should be stronger. The reason the CP was able to do as well as they did historically is because of good moves on their part and really bad moves by the Allies. So in the this case I think the AI for the Allies could be better than the actual historical counterparts [:D]
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

To be honest I am not sure if the CP should be stronger. The reason the CP was able to do as well as they did historically is because of good moves on their part and really bad moves by the Allies. So in the this case I think the AI for the Allies could be better than the actual historical counterparts [:D]
Serbian forces cannot be stronger than the ones from Austria-Hungary...that's just wrong.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”