Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning - 3/7/2014 12:48:16 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

Hello, I am trying to be more methodic with my Japanese convoys

question on option: Do not refuel. Would it still refuel in its home port?

second question: where could i find good convoy compositions? or some place where the tracker's CS cargo planning tab is thoroughly explained?
I think I understand like around 80% of it, but I am not sure.
For example, I found in the tracker that for the Hakodate(lv6)-Ominato(lv5) resource rooute,
- A TF of 14 Gozan class xAKs will meet the optimal port load, carrying 32,340 per trip, completing it in 3 days and expending 196 fuel per traveling day.
- A TF of 6 Kyushu class xAKs will meet optimal port load, carrying 32,472 per trip, completing it in 3 days and expending 180 fuel per traveling day.
- A TF of 7 Aden class xAKs will meet the optimal port load, carrying 32,690 per trip, completing it in 3 days and expending 203 fuel per traveling day.

With these options, I would choose the Gozan as the best, mainly due to the fact that Kyushu, being a fast xAK, is better used somewhere else. Gozan on the other hand is a slow ship, but speed is not a problem for so short trip

Am I correct?

thanks

< Message edited by Jorge_Stanbury -- 3/7/2014 1:51:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning - 3/7/2014 12:49:51 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

And question# 3

would it be better to have 2 or 3 TFs doing this route?
or in other words, would having potentially 2/ 3 CS TF trying to unload at the same time slow the overall process?

< Message edited by Jorge_Stanbury -- 3/7/2014 1:56:31 PM >

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 2
RE: Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning - 3/7/2014 1:42:37 PM   
crsutton

Do not refuel means just that and the TF will not take on fuel at any port. You will need to manually load fuel but not a bad idea for the Japanese player.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Post #: 3
RE: Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning - 3/7/2014 1:55:13 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Do not refuel means just that and the TF will not take on fuel at any port. You will need to manually load fuel but not a bad idea for the Japanese player.

Then the screen is a bit deceptive; when I hover the mouse, it reads: "refueling options at destination, click to change".

anyway, the problem is that I will need to manage manually all my CS TFs. TFs taking fuel from home island is bad, but running out of fuel in the middle of the ocean is worst.

A pitty there is not an option to "Refuel at Home port only"

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 4
RE: Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning - 3/7/2014 10:04:13 PM   
rustysi

From my observations (limited as they are yet) I think CS convoys fuel at both ends. I tried it with 'Do Not Fuel' option and when I checked the convoys (which I always do even if CS, nervious newbe) they seem to fuel at both ends of the run. Yeah, I'd like a 'Refuel at home port' option too.

A good place to see recommendations for this is in an economic primer by one of the posters here. Sorry I can't recall who did it but he's here all the time and I found it immensely hellpful. I believe the link is even in his signature area. I modify it for my style of play, but it saved me countless hours trying to figure it all out.

Yep, you're spot one with the 14 Gozen convoy in the north. I've been using 3-10 ship Gozens running back and forth, but I've increased Ominato's port size and I ship the Sakhalin resources to Wakkanai. Some don't like this but I'm new and I'll try my way first (even if I'm wrong).

< Message edited by rustysi -- 3/7/2014 11:10:10 PM >

"It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once." David Hume

"In every party there is one member who, by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles, provokes the others to apostasy." Nietzsche

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Question on refueling option and CS cargo planning Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI