vanishing routers

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

gnmad

vanishing routers

Post by gnmad »

when I was playing the union I could pursue routing confederates to the map edge. now im playing the south and find union routing armies disappear after 2 or 3 moves,even when still in the middle of the battle map. is this normal?
bbmike

RE: vanishing routers

Post by bbmike »

Hi gnmad,
I was reading through this tutorial AAR and saw the answer to your question:

If you have an enemy unit completely surrounded, AND the enemy unit has a morale of < 0 it shall surrender.
There is however one time when a surrounded unit can disappear, and that is turn 4 after the enemy has sounded the retreat. When the enemy sounds the retreat, all of his units (except CAV) will retreat towards the edge of the map (and preferably off map) for 3 turns, and then they will all disappear. This is to simulate the fact that it was not common in the ACW to follow a routed enemy and capture as many units as possible.

So once the enemy sounds retreat it looks like any remaining units on the map will disappear after turn three. [;)]

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”