Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

active pilots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> active pilots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
active pilots - 3/5/2014 12:41:07 AM   
panzer cat

Is there anyway for new pilots to automatically activate when transferred to a new squadron?

panzer cat
Post #: 1
RE: active pilots - 3/5/2014 2:23:53 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzer cat

Is there anyway for new pilots to automatically activate when transferred to a new squadron?

panzer cat

Not automatically. You need to manually do so, either from the buttons available from the air unit information screen (if they are at Delay 1) or from the pilots list.

(in reply to panzer cat)
Post #: 2
RE: active pilots - 3/5/2014 2:40:36 AM   
panzer cat

Thanks, It's one of the small things that annoy me.
Sorry you have to live in D.C. Richmond has less traffic.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 3
RE: active pilots - 3/5/2014 4:33:14 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

Thanks, It's one of the small things that annoy me.

I like it better here, more to do ;). Plus I like MD a whole lot more than I like VA.

(in reply to panzer cat)
Post #: 4
RE: active pilots - 3/5/2014 1:20:50 PM   
richlove

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

panzer cat

Not automatically. You need to manually do so, either from the buttons available from the air unit information screen (if they are at Delay 1) or from the pilots list.

Hang on, there's another way to do this other than right clicking each pilot? How?

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 5
RE: active pilots - 3/5/2014 4:36:19 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: richlove

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

panzer cat

Hang on, there's another way to do this other than right clicking each pilot? How?

When you click 'get new pilot', if any pilots are in the pilot list but in group reserve on Delay 1, it will pull from there first, INSTEAD OF from Replacements, Reserve, TRACOM, or Any. Try it. It works.

This also works with the multiple pilot button ("Get 9 pilots", etc.), but if you have fewer pilots than 9 on Delay 1 in the unit, it will actually pull from whatever the selection is (Replacements, Reserve, TRACOM, etc.).

Even if you have to right click, keep in mind that you can use the 'y' and 'n' keys for that dialogue box that comes up. This makes manually selecting pilots from the list much faster.

(in reply to richlove)
Post #: 6
RE: active pilots - 3/5/2014 4:43:39 PM   
richlove

Huh, I had no idea. Is 'Delay=1' the same thing as group reserve? I don't mess around w/ the group reserve, to be honest; never quite understood what it could do for me.

If I understand you correctly, you'd still need to know how many pilots have Delay=1, otherwise you'd go too far and start grabbing random pilots from whatever was selected - correct?

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 7
RE: active pilots - 3/5/2014 7:47:13 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

Huh, I had no idea. Is 'Delay=1' the same thing as group reserve? I don't mess around w/ the group reserve, to be honest; never quite understood what it could do for me.

If I understand you correctly, you'd still need to know how many pilots have Delay=1, otherwise you'd go too far and start grabbing random pilots from whatever was selected - correct?

Pilots placed into group reserve are set to a Delay 1 status, yes.

You can actually see how many pilots are at Delay 1 in the unit information screen. It is the number in parentheses: "Pilots 6 (9)" would indicate 6 active pilots, with 9 pilots at Delay 1. There could be more pilots in the group reserve but with higher delays. If you need to see the actual total of pilots assigned to the unit, you need to click the Pilots button to get to the list. Up at the top it will tell you the total.

You are correct in that it will pull "random" pilots from whatever source was selected once you get past this point.

Using the buttons is the way I use to transfer pilots instantly from one squadron to another, even all the way across the map.

(in reply to richlove)
Post #: 8
RE: active pilots - 3/5/2014 7:55:22 PM   
richlove

You have blown my mind. I never caught that the # in parens was the number of pilots in the group reserve. Thank you - his will save some tedious clicking.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 9
RE: active pilots - 3/5/2014 11:06:52 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

You have blown my mind. I never caught that the # in parens was the number of pilots in the group reserve. Thank you - his will save some tedious clicking.

It is only the number of pilots on Delay 1. You can have pilots with higher delays in group reserve, but they won't add to the number in ()'s.

(in reply to richlove)
Post #: 10
RE: active pilots - 3/6/2014 1:14:35 AM   
rustysi

quote:

Yeah, and Richmond has one of my favorite museums. The Ordinance Museum which used to be located at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in MD. I'd like to visit someday, but don't think I'd ever move there. Sorry Panzer Cat I'm a Yankee (NYer to be exact).

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 11
RE: active pilots - 3/6/2014 4:38:48 PM   
crsutton

Usually, if the active pilot pool is less than the complement of aircraft in the unit the computer will activate enough pilots to fill out your roster. I usually make the transfer and don't worry any more. However, on occasion I find there is a unit that does not fill out properly and I have to do it manually.

Maryland rocks! I have lived here all but five years of my life. A great state.

< Message edited by crsutton -- 3/6/2014 5:39:22 PM >

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 12
RE: active pilots - 3/8/2014 11:40:23 PM   
panzer cat

That's very cool.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> active pilots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI