Who remembers this awesome game

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

chevyking

Who remembers this awesome game

Post by chevyking »

I hope this is the right place to put my question. Back im 2001 I remember I was playing a strategy game for more than six hours each day. Unfortunately I can't remember its name but the game starts with your soldiers getting off from boats to a small island that is full of trees and soldiers can use many vehicles found in that island also soldiers can hardly be seen due to grass and trees.

I hope someone can help me to find out the name of this game.

Thanks
Josh

RE: Who remembers this awesome game

Post by Josh »

Welcome to the forum.
Your description is a bit vague and I have no clue, maybe it's John Tillers Campaign series because it has some scenarios where you a hard time finding your units in forests (awesome cammo guys now where are you?) . But I doubt that.
If no one comes up with an answer you can always try the "abandon ware sites" I know I know it's a grey area whether "abandon ware" is allowed or not. We in Europe think about that differently than in the States, and I'm not supposed to put links to them here, but google is your friend. Just google "abandonware" or something like that (beware of dubious sites) and look for your game. You may not remember the name of the game but you probably remember some images.
Heck I just checked one these abandonware sites and found "Battle Isle" from 1991, man did I enjoy that game...awesome graphics for the time [:D] Hard to believe it's almost a quarter of a century ago...
wodin

Post by wodin »

Maybe Sudden Strike?
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Sounds like Battlefield Vietnam?

Though it could be one of these other ones

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War_in_games
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

is it first person shooter type?
"Tanks forward"
wodin

Post by wodin »

Ha says strategy..so I reckon it's Sudden Strike..sounds like the right scale he is talking about and the right date aswell.
chevyking

Post by chevyking »

Thanks everyone,wodin came up with a similar game which is Sudden Strike1 but it is not what I used to play. I'm still searching and hopefullly I can find it
chevyking

Post by chevyking »

No, it is RTS
wodin

Post by wodin »

Close Combat?
british exil

Post by british exil »

Chevyking check out this page it might help you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology ... ideo_games

While we are talking of awesome games from back then. I played a game where I was in command of Israeli airforces. I command airstrikes into Arabic countries via helicopters, jets and bombers. Airbases were defended by rockets and radar. I had to decide which units to use and which to mothball so as to dsave resources.

Was a simple setup, no fancy graphics. Basic learning curve. I thought it was a great game back then, today I might not be so sure.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
chevyking

Post by chevyking »

I just downloaded Sudden Strike Iwo Jima and playing it right now. It is 80% similar to what I was asking about. It's so enjoyable and worth a try
british exil

Post by british exil »

I remember playing Sudden Strike. I only lasted a few minutes before completly destroyed. The RTS was way to fast for me. Turn games are something else.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

Welcome chevyking. I'm glad you found something you liked. This is a good forum that is very helpful.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
chevyking

Post by chevyking »

Exactly, I'm really happy to be member of this great forum. Although I have PS4 I find it boring so sometime I play old games
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Mat, I remember that game and I played it on the commodore or early computer? Yeah, it was yellow and black graphics from what I remember
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

h88p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_real-time_strategy_video_games

my time of happy gaming

good luck with the search, if anyone knows wiki will :)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “General Discussion”