Difficulty building a port.

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

cpdeyoung

Difficulty building a port.

Post by cpdeyoung »

Maybe someone has come across this before. I had a HQ with sufficient engineers on a coast hex. I wanted to build a port, but "port" was not in the build list. I was able to wait until I had enough EP to build a shipyard, but why would you be able to build a shipyard and not a (much cheaper) port?

Chuck
Twotribes

RE: Difficulty building a port.

Post by Twotribes »

Was it generic or a scenario by someone? I know in GD1938 you can not build ports.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Zaratoughda

Post by Zaratoughda »

I had a couple of similar situations and... what was happening is the option was not showing up in the list and I wasn't sure what was happening but turned out I did not have enough RAW to build the shipyard or port and so that option was not showing up in the list, which is strange given that usually the option still shows up in the list.

Why is word wrap not working anymore for me here?
Zaratoughda

Post by Zaratoughda »

Hmmmm... word wrap is working on this fast reply but it is not working when I hit any of the 'reply' buttons. Changed my profile to 'inline' but that did not fix the problem.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I think I have seen it before too. You know how anxious you are to get that port on an foreign shore, and you watch carefully. The amazing thing is even on the turn I built the shipyard the option for port was not there.

Chuck
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

@TwoTribes,

It was a random scenario, NATO counters, but not a scenario by a contributor. I built multiple other ports in this game, as I am Athens-like in a world of Spartas.

Chuck
Josh

Post by Josh »

First thing that springs to mind is have you enough PP's, supply or ore to build it? Guess so because you can build a shipyard....hmmm maybe the hex is a swamp? I vaguely remember something like this in one of my games and I think it had to do with the hex being a swamp.
Maybe just maybe a workaround could be creating a new unit with only engineers and then see what happens? A bit clueless here, maybe it *is* a bug.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Or...maybe the hex *already* was a port?
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I am going to go back and see if I can find a save near the point. UnfortunatelyI have only saved a few times.

The fact that a shipyard was successfully built excludes so many other possible causes.

Chuck

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”