Pick Up Troops bug

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

Pick Up Troops bug

Post by Chris21wen »

Irritating little bug. I want to pick up unrestricted troops from Singas using the air unit based in Palambang. I've alway used troop transport, select the destination then changed to Pick Up troops reason is as you can see, no button for Pick up troops. This works fine provided the base the air unit is at has unrestricted troops present if it doesn't then the routines won't let you select the destination.

Work around is to use Supply Transport, select destination then Pick Up Troops becomes available.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (77.06 KiB) Viewed 25 times
castor troy

RE: Pick Up Troops bug

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Irritating little bug. I want to pick up unrestricted troops from Singas using the air unit based in Palambang. I've alway used troop transport, select the destination then changed to Pick Up troops reason is as you can see, no button for Pick up troops. This works fine provided the base the air unit is at has unrestricted troops present if it doesn't then the routines won't let you select the destination.

Work around is to use Supply Transport, select destination then Pick Up Troops becomes available.

hasn't it always been this way?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Yup, the 'work around' has been SOP all along.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I had some issues with air transport of troops. I didn't want to post about it earlier because in my game it still mattered for a while...

If you are trying to transport restricted LCUs within the restricted command, it doesn't like to pick up from certain bases sometimes. Even when the Pick Up Troops button becomes available, I could select Kuching to pick up from (air units flying from Palembang) and the code would yell at me. The air unit would remain in 'Pick Up Troops' mode but no destination would be selected. I could try and try and try again, but it wouldn't work.

Until I clicked on the LCU icon on the map. Then it worked.

Return to “Tech Support”