Soviet Super Bombers

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

chuckbbq

Soviet Super Bombers

Post by chuckbbq »

It's April '42, Soviet bombs 2 infantry division behind enemy lines. Should results like this be even remotely possible?!?!

Attachments
sovietbombers.jpg
sovietbombers.jpg (166.66 KiB) Viewed 22 times
darbycmcd

RE: Soviet Super Bombers

Post by darbycmcd »

yeah, I actually felt a bit bad when I saw that one. I don't think it is very realistic.... but I confess that I did smile a bit. You had just bagged 100k of my fine comrades that turn, so I got over my shame.
chuckbbq

Post by chuckbbq »

My jaw literally dropped when I saw that result.[X(] I'm looking over the combat results and I had to do a double take when I got to this one. Maybe they were having a birthday party for Captain Fritz and they bombed right when everybody was under the same roof singing happy birthday. Seriously though, unbelievable!
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

I lost over 2000 soviets to a SINGLE German HE111 bomb run once. So, yeah, it is possible in the WitE engine to do this type of damage.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”