Scrolling to Upper Left

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

fangjangler

Scrolling to Upper Left

Post by fangjangler »

My Problem: After about 20 minutes of gameplay the map will start autoscrolling to the upper left and will get stuck there. My mouse still works fine and so does the keyboard.

I have tried reinstalling mouse drivers for my Razer Deathadder, but it didn't help. My last ditch effort would be to try a reinstall of the game.

I've searched around on the forum and couldn't find a solution to my problem. I did find a really old thread describing the same problem, but I didn't want to resurrect it from the dead.

P.S. Bravo on an amazing game! I have been lurking for a couple years now, waiting for a sale. I finally just broke down and bought it at the promo price. If I can fix this problem, it will definitely be worth the price; however, if I can't I will be rather put off.
Bingeling

RE: Scrolling to Upper Left

Post by Bingeling »

The recent question has mouse drivers as suggestion.

A google gave this page (different game). Some hints about reconnecting mouse, checking for joysticks, joystick drivers (or any controller stuff).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/234650/discussions/0/864974467239458589/

Some other hit was about batteries and mouse receivers, but your's seem to be cabled... Maybe try juggle the mouse cord a bit?
Lochar

Post by Lochar »

I get this bug too, I have all extra devices removed, and updated mouse drivers. It happens awhile into game and a save will restore for a few minutes but usually have to exit game and reload for it to work half way decent.

Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

Had to necro this thread as this issue has been bothering me for quite some time now.

I have tried everything I could ever think of to fix this problem but to no avail. Updated drivers, reinstall, OS reinstall etc...

It seems that once the program hits 1.2GB memory usage (or around there. never less sometime 1.25ish) the mouse cursor goes flying up and away. A save as will drop the mem usage on average by 50MB or so. This is why sometimes saving the game fixed the problem. But obviously not for long. A reboot of the game plus a load will put me back memory wise around 900 to 1GB. Again though as it creeps towards 1.2 boom there goes the mouse cursor. I always wondered why small star games could last until post mid game before this happened and why large star games didn't make it to mid game before mouse issues.

I'm not a computer wiz so what could be the issue? Is the game invading memory addresses it shouldn't or something? Conflict with the mouse memory or USB port? Or? IDK.

Im running intel q6600 quad core 2.4ghz(old i know but servicable yet), geforce 660ti, 8mb ram, Vista 64(yes vista).

Thanks for reading. Hopefully someone will have an idea because I don't want Universe to do this too.

Return to “Tech Support”