Shore bombardment

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

celebrindal

Shore bombardment

Post by celebrindal »

Little rusty on my shore bombard.. but if I'm in the 2 box, normally -1 and I'm also in storm should I not be restricted to shore bombard at all?
Only thing I can think of is that the hex I was bombarding was clear.. would that allow it?

Thanks.
Order is nothing more than Chaos on a bad day.

Dave
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Shore bombardment

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: celebrindal

Little rusty on my shore bombard.. but if I'm in the 2 box, normally -1 and I'm also in storm should I not be restricted to shore bombard at all?
Only thing I can think of is that the hex I was bombarding was clear.. would that allow it?

Thanks.
You have identified the 3 factors: sea box section, weather, and terrain in the target hex.

The program will let you add values less than 1 (e.g., 0.25) because by adding in bombardment from other naval units you might get a total that is meaningful. But if the value is zero because of the 3 factors mentioned above, (I think) the program doesn't even offer the opportunity to the player.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Shore bombardment should not be allowed in Storm. But remember that it is the weather in the target hex that counts.

Attachments
WE.jpg
WE.jpg (155.78 KiB) Viewed 27 times
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
celebrindal

Post by celebrindal »

Ya that's what I figured.. target hex was clear.. thanks.

Dave
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: celebrindal

Ya that's what I figured.. target hex was clear.. thanks.
I was a bit confused when you said that the target hex was clear. When I read your original post I thought you meant the terrain.

Clear -> hex terrain.
Fine -> weather.

Edit: Just to avoid confusion. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
celebrindal

Post by celebrindal »

Correct, my bad.. hex was fine...[8D]

Dave

Return to “World in Flames”