WOW!

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

GaPete_slith

WOW!

Post by GaPete_slith »

I was not sure where to put this one but, finally figured After Action Report sounded as good as any.

Yesterday, I found a big box at my front door and had no idea what it could be. I opened it up and saw the World In Flames books and I was bowled over. I had expected the usual little CD case some paper backs but, these, wow, the books are gorgeous, full sized, hard backs! This is some high quality stuff! They're going to make a fine edition to my book shelves. When you add this to the game itself, I feel like I got more than I money's worth. I've been playing wargames since Avalon Hill released Tactics II and I had a lot of them when WIF first came out. A friend of mine bought that first board game and showed it too me. I was not so impressed. Back then in the mid eighties, I guess I was married to Third Reich. I never bought it, even as the subsequent additions to it came out. I think the deciding factor was, finally, that the maps didn't fit together. This version of the game is what it should have always been!

So far, I've played three full games of Barbarossa, one game of Guadalcanal and, now, I am well in to the first big game. The system is very clever, I love how it plays, and the more experience I have with the interface, the more it grows on me. Naturally I've hit a few snags in getting used too it but, when has that never happened when getting used to a new system? Over all, it has been a great experience that I am sure I will continue playing for years to come. Thank you Matrix, for the game, for your work, you've definitely scored a big hit with this one. You've made an old wargamer (with a closet full of old box games he never plays anymore) very happy! Great Job!
If I am to be damned then let it be for who I am and not what I think you want me to be.

Return to “After Action Report”