Matrix Games Forums

Players compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta EstDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Windows 8.1 and blank terrain

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia >> Tech Support >> Windows 8.1 and blank terrain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 8.1 and blank terrain - 2/10/2014 6:31:09 PM   
Marechal

I have had this game for some years and it has worked so far. When I tried to install it on a new machine with Windows 8.1 64 bit, here is what happened:
The original version 1.1 installed and runs, but the terrain is blank. Update to 1.20 does not change anything (I have tried everything else - running the application as administrator, turning off antivirus and firewall and changing some settings). Other than blank terrain, everything else runs.

The ogre says ''Cannot find grass.dds, will be left blank.'' This did not cause any trouble at all on my old machine but the new one cannot handle it. The game reinstalls without errors but reinstall does not change anything.

The problem may be the ''RGB issue for Windows 8.1'' so I am looking forward to an interesting weekend reinstalling my graphics drivers.

ogre is not responsible for the problem, it gave the same error message on my old machine but the game displays correctly even in v.1.11.
btw the same RGB issue also affects Geamany at War. The terrain looks brown, creating a ''Fascists on the Mars effect''. Otherwise the game runs.

< Message edited by Marechal -- 2/12/2014 11:42:56 AM >

The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 8.1 and blank terrain - 3/2/2014 4:39:16 PM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

sorry for the late reply, i only look in here from time to time, not on a regular bases. Could you resolve the problem by adjusting the drivers or does it persist ?

Regards,

Ronald Wendt
Phobetor website
Phobetor on Facebook

(in reply to Marechal)
Post #: 2
RE: Windows 8.1 and blank terrain - 3/9/2014 7:02:58 PM   
Marechal

Hi,

The battle with the graphic drivers has been postponed since I wanted to install the rest of the games first. Now when everything else works, the battle with RGB will start.

(in reply to Ronald Wendt)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows 8.1 and blank terrain - 3/10/2014 6:09:08 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marechal

Hi,

The battle with the graphic drivers has been postponed since I wanted to install the rest of the games first. Now when everything else works, the battle with RGB will start.

ok, its seems this is not an exclusive issue with OB but rather a sytem wide problem then ?

Regards,

Ronald Wendt
Phobetor website
Phobetor on Facebook

(in reply to Marechal)
Post #: 4
RE: Windows 8.1 and blank terrain - 3/16/2014 6:42:10 PM   
Marechal

It is an issue with this game and also Germany at War. Nothing changed after reinstalling the graphic drivers.
I will keep those two games on my other computer that uses Windows 7.

Other games run on Windows 8.1.

Let me know if you have a solution, otherwise we can wait for the next Win 8 service pack.

(in reply to Ronald Wendt)
Post #: 5
RE: Windows 8.1 and blank terrain - 3/18/2014 7:13:40 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hello Marechal,

OB does not deliver detailed information, but as you own Germany at War, too : could you send us a screenshot that shows the problem and the corresponding logs you can find at: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Germany at War ?

Thanks in advance & Regards,

Ronald Wendt
Phobetor website
Phobetor on Facebook

(in reply to Marechal)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia >> Tech Support >> Windows 8.1 and blank terrain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI