Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

monitor resolution help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> monitor resolution help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
monitor resolution help - 2/8/2014 6:12:12 PM   
Hanzberger

Hey guys, trying to get back in the game and I am sure I had my monitor setup differently before. Let me explain.
My native resolution is 2560x1440. 1920x1200 is the next level down. Is there a possible in between setting for the game? Windowed mode at 2560 cuts the bottom of the screen off. Full screen does not allow me to access my second monitor. (<if there is a way to do this that would solve the problem also, full screen but able to access second monitor)
Its funny only a year or so and how much you can forget how to play this game. Was playing PBEM but sticking with computer this time. Computers don't quit.

Post #: 1
RE: monitor resolution help - 2/8/2014 7:32:21 PM   
LoBaron

The next standard resolutions lower than 2560x1440 are 1920x1200 (thats a 16:10 format) or 2048x1152 (16:9). You could try those.

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 2
RE: monitor resolution help - 2/9/2014 12:47:19 AM   
Hanzberger

Hey LoBaron good to see your still around. Tried your numbers but they did not work. OH if I only would have written this down along with my other 1000 pages of notes. (half make no sense anymore)

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 3
RE: monitor resolution help - 2/9/2014 8:40:47 AM   
LoBaron

And you!

Sadly I don´t think that there exists a specific monitor setup in the windows display properties that enabled you to run full screen on one monitor while displaying dektop on the other.

I have a multi TFT setup at work (3 displays actually), and if I run full screen the main display shows the application and the others go dark. Should you ever find a workaround for this please forward!

Did you have that display configuration already when you played the game last time, or did you have different monitors? Because, as you already found out, IMHO the only solution is running windowed mode with a working res, which means 1920x1080 if the others do not work.

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 4
RE: monitor resolution help - 2/9/2014 12:03:00 PM   
guytipton41

Hi LaBaron

I run a two lower resolution monitor setup and the 2nd monitor works fine. "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -px1680 -py1050 -cpu2 -multiaudio -dd-sw -skipVideo -archive

Cheers
Guy

Attachment (1)

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 5
RE: monitor resolution help - 2/9/2014 1:26:32 PM   
Hanzberger

I had to re install windows so I lost all previous information/ setup. I am running windowed at 1920x1080. I tried Alt+ Tab but the frees up the mouse and min the game. Not really what I wanted since I wanted to look at both at the same time. -W works at full screen but cuts off the industry at the bottom. Not a huge deal I know but until I refresh my memory I want to see it.

(in reply to guytipton41)
Post #: 6
RE: monitor resolution help - 2/9/2014 7:53:53 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanzberger

I had to re install windows so I lost all previous information/ setup. I am running windowed at 1920x1080. I tried Alt+ Tab but the frees up the mouse and min the game. Not really what I wanted since I wanted to look at both at the same time. -W works at full screen but cuts off the industry at the bottom. Not a huge deal I know but until I refresh my memory I want to see it.

What's your system? Try this one: -fd -px1680 -py1050 -archive -altFont -deepColor -skipVideo; adjust it to this resolution and you should be fine.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 7
RE: monitor resolution help - 2/9/2014 8:25:09 PM   
LoBaron

guytipton41, looks good! (The car that is. What is it?).

You still have to alt-tab to desktop to use your second monitor, correct?
Could you show me your windows display configuration?

Thanks!

(in reply to guytipton41)
Post #: 8
RE: monitor resolution help - 2/10/2014 5:07:45 PM   
offenseman

Caveat- I am not a computer expert (far from it). However I am aware of a product called Matrox Triplehead that allows a three monitor set-up in full screen. It is used for gaming. Sadly that is all I know about it and can offer no more help.

And as LoBaron asked, What is the car? Its beautiful. Has traits common to Karmann designs with a bit of 40 year old Pininfarina mixed in

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> monitor resolution help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI