What skill do fighters use in Naval attack?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Geordie Boy

What skill do fighters use in Naval attack?

Post by Geordie Boy »

Cant remember, is it strafe or low Naval?

Thanks

Mike
Lokasenna

RE: What skill do fighters use in Naval attack?

Post by Lokasenna »

It depends on the altitude and where they're attacking from. If you have them on Naval Attack, and they have bombs, they might bomb from whatever altitude you have them set at? 4000 ft, for example. I'm not sure if they drop to 100 ft.

If you have their altitude set to 100 ft., I think it's Strafe.
Geordie Boy

Post by Geordie Boy »

Thanks, fighters with bombs dont fly Naval unless you put them at 100' - personal experience so they will use strafe [:)]
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I've had them bomb from 1000 before, I think. When I was first learning and playing against the AI on Guadalcanal, I kept bombing from Moresby with P-39s and -40s.
obvert

Post by obvert »

You have to train low naval or the bombing part will not work so well. Training strafing will mean they also strafe at 100'. Even low skill pilots have a better chance to hit at these low altitudes, but if you want to get a higher percentage, train low naval bombing at 1k up to around 70 skill.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Use low naval. My tests showed that fighters set to 1,000 feet will drop to 100 vs land targets. I suspect that is the same with ships but you can set them to bomb higher. Strafing is a fairly useless skill-especially for Japanese aircraft.. Strafing fighters will not suppress flak like attack bombers and any decent AA will shoot them to bits. So for Cargo ships and lone DDs they might be best at 100 ft but otherwise you really don't want them going in so low.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”