Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

France!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> France! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
France! - 2/1/2014 1:14:29 PM   
Estharos

In a earlier game I tried, France surrender(sort of) as soon that German capture a few city, then France surrender and split up, part of the main country of France will be controlled by German and France Vichy will be created with the rest. But this game I'm playing, France still fighting regardless that all France occupied hex as been lost in Europe and German have control on them. And still France don't split up. German troops and Italy troops are fighting France in Africa now and look like France troops gone a fight until the last man is standing.

Is there a way to force France to split up so the France Vichy can be created? I notice that with F12 I can trigger events, can I trigger the split from there?

Cheers,
Post #: 1
RE: France! - 2/1/2014 3:20:57 PM   
gwgardner

Search the event files for the armistice, get that event number, and see if you can trigger it.

(in reply to Estharos)
Post #: 2
RE: France! - 2/1/2014 4:23:07 PM   
Rasputitsa

data/scenario/1940 Fall Gelb/events_files : line - data\events\events_76_vichy.xml

I haven't tried to trigger events, but I guess it must be something like this (76) you are looking for.

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 3
RE: France! - 2/1/2014 4:35:52 PM   
Estharos

Ok, will try it.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 4
RE: France! - 4/18/2014 7:15:42 AM   
jzardos

Seem to be having similar issue. Haven't conquered all of France but have several major cities and Paris. I got some event about French taxes, but all French units still fight and nothing about Vichy? Tried to fire event 76 with f12, but no luck. Is this part of the game broken? Kind of a bad deal if so, as France surrendering and Vichy being created is something all games about WW2 need to consider. I have yet to see a war game that did have special conditions for France surrendering

Where is this in the ToW documentation?

(in reply to Estharos)
Post #: 5
RE: France! - 4/18/2014 1:38:49 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: jzardos
Seem to be having similar issue. Haven't conquered all of France but have several major cities and Paris. I got some event about French taxes, but all French units still fight and nothing about Vichy? Tried to fire event 76 with f12, but no luck. Is this part of the game broken? Kind of a bad deal if so, as France surrendering and Vichy being created is something all games about WW2 need to consider. I have yet to see a war game that did have special conditions for France surrendering

Where is this in the ToW documentation?

AFAIK the game does cover Vichy, because as the Axis player, at some point if you are capturing France, including Paris, you will be offered an opportunity to accept the establishment of Vichy France. If you refuse the offer, then France will fight on, but when the offer will appear depends on your progress, you may have to capture Le Mans before the event will trigger.

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 6
RE: France! - 4/19/2014 12:36:26 AM   
jzardos

Have yet to see an offer. Just wondering if anybody knows what the conditions are for France to offer a surrender?

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 7
RE: France! - 4/19/2014 12:44:28 AM   
jzardos

I did get a message title 'French Taxes' Something about Conquered France became a great source of additional income for Germany [Grab} = (70 PP and 5 DP).

Wtf? But nothing asking me about forming Vichy? This is confusing and seems buggy.. Dammit

< Message edited by jzardos -- 4/19/2014 1:45:11 AM >

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> France! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI