Tank Brigades

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

NotOneStepBack

Tank Brigades

Post by NotOneStepBack »

I'm playing the AI as Soviet and am entering the Nov 1941 era.

Question for you pros, what do you do with the massive amounts of tank brigades? They seem useless, beyond being able to make tank corps later on, but even then I don't want to waste the trucks until I have to.

Do you use the brigades in combat or for defense? Basically I have rounded them all up, attached them to STAVKA and put them behind the front for now until something useful can happen. Is this going to stunt them however with experience / morale gains? What's the best use for them?
pompack

RE: Tank Brigades

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: NotOneStepBack

I'm playing the AI as Soviet and am entering the Nov 1941 era.

Question for you pros, what do you do with the massive amounts of tank brigades? They seem useless, beyond being able to make tank corps later on, but even then I don't want to waste the trucks until I have to.

Do you use the brigades in combat or for defense? Basically I have rounded them all up, attached them to STAVKA and put them behind the front for now until something useful can happen. Is this going to stunt them however with experience / morale gains? What's the best use for them?
I do the same thing EXCEPT I only use them for the third or fourth row in a carpet or checkerboard.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”