Problem with Update 1.61 to SOW Gettysburg

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Ginetto

Problem with Update 1.61 to SOW Gettysburg

Post by Ginetto »

There is, perhaps, something wrong in the 1.61 update to SOW Gettysburg. Last night I tried 5 times to download it from the update link on the opening page of the game. It would download, but at the very end gave this error message: "Download Error. Click Back to retry or Cancel to quit.
Error: Unable to download file. An error has occurred when downloading information from the server."
Finally, I solved the problem by going, in the Matrix Games website, to Members - my games and clicked on the SOW Gettysburg line. I got the game's website, clicked on downloads, downloaded and saved patch 1.61, unzipped it and installed it.
I'm not sure if the glitch is in the patch or in the internet infrastructure where I live (Georgia, not USA; southern Caucusus).
Gino
Moltke71

RE: Problem with Update 1.61 to SOW Gettysburg

Post by Moltke71 »

Other updaters have been reported broken also.
Jim Cobb

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”