Matrix Games Forums

New screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!Space Program Manager will be launching on Steam
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weapons graphics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Weapons graphics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weapons graphics - 1/25/2014 3:26:59 AM   
Unforeseen

Are there any weapon image replacers compatible with shadows?
Post #: 1
RE: Weapons graphics - 1/25/2014 3:35:22 PM   
Fishers of Men

Mods that change graphics like weapons, will work for all expansions. I use to ExplosionsV20Light and Weapons Pack + Shields Mods. They are older and might still be found on this forum.

Old............but very fast

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 2
RE: Weapons graphics - 1/25/2014 10:50:39 PM   
cswelleswatts

quote:

Mods that change graphics like weapons, will work for all expansions. I use to ExplosionsV20Light and Weapons Pack + Shields Mods. They are older and might still be found on this forum.

Could you maybe be a bit more specific or provide a link. I did a search in the forums and found old "Weapons Pack" threads that had outdated links. The only mod that you suggested above which I have actually found and have been able to download is the explosionsV20Light.

Seems like there are a lot of great mods out there that have died and DL links are broken. its a bummer :-(

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 3
RE: Weapons graphics - 1/26/2014 10:05:46 AM   
Buio

Check this post by KEBW1144
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3523341

Copy the URL and past into new tab and download the file. It is the whole Images folder from Distant Worlds, and contains a big amount of mods baked into one file. Basically you are downloading the Images folder from his installation. Only problem, there is no credit to the authors of the mods.

There are two different weapon graphics folders there, both different from the original. I suggest to just copy the files you want, and try it (also backup the original files first if you don't like the mod).

You can also find msnevils mod here, which contains many different color variants, so you have to manually copy and use the files you like (you cannot just copy the folder straight in). This one does not contain any modded files from Shadows (troop and assault pod).
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3098682

Personally I still run with the original files, I find them good and varied.

< Message edited by Buio -- 1/26/2014 11:10:51 AM >

(in reply to cswelleswatts)
Post #: 4
RE: Weapons graphics - 1/26/2014 2:06:49 PM   
Unforeseen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buio

Check this post by KEBW1144
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3523341

Copy the URL and past into new tab and download the file. It is the whole Images folder from Distant Worlds, and contains a big amount of mods baked into one file. Basically you are downloading the Images folder from his installation. Only problem, there is no credit to the authors of the mods.

URL takes you to a thread about Shakturi ships. Other one works though, checking it out now as we speak thanks :D

Edit: Nvm it's a post down, didn't see it the first time.

< Message edited by Unforeseen -- 1/26/2014 3:07:43 PM >

(in reply to Buio)
Post #: 5
RE: Weapons graphics - 1/27/2014 3:30:16 AM   
KEBW1144

Sorry its really just a gathering of various mods on the forum that I have picked myself along with some edits of my own, mainly just to the ship models and planets. Everything else that is custom comes from another author, by no way am I trying to take credit for any of their nice work, just thought I would share my own since someone was looking for some stuff. It's really just for my personal use so I did not keep track of where I got it all from but you can thank Kallenthel (sp?) and also the GEM mod for starters the others are anyones guess, as I have been putting it together for some time.

Cheers!

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 6
RE: Weapons graphics - 1/27/2014 7:26:44 PM   
Buio

No problems, you just shared your game folder where it is hard to credit mods you are using. I got some great stuff from it that I've not seen before.

(in reply to KEBW1144)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Weapons graphics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI