Rediscovering CC:ME

Combat Command is Boku Strategy Games World War II operational game. strategy games played warfare on a hex playing field with turn-based game play utilizing company-sized units. Game design aspects include turn phases, combat resolution, unit design, scenarios and artificial intelligence.

Moderator: Obsolete

Rosseau

Rediscovering CC:ME

Post by Rosseau »

Probably one of the only games I own I can load onto my laughable 1gig laptop and play smoothly and efficiently. After a day sitting in a hardback chair staring at a desktop screen, it is a pleasure to lie back in bed, play the game, and design scenarios.

So CC:ME has found its niche for me, anyway. While I appreciate the work that went into the larger scenarios, they are sometimes just too much work either MP or SP, so great we can easily design our own semi-historical engagements.

I bought at release, but would recommend picking it up at the next sale - or before. I have come to appreciate its utilitarian charms compared to certain other monster games [;)]
tombo

RE: Rediscovering CC:ME

Post by tombo »

+1
i still come back to play. I just like the system and the ease of play too. It does fit in a good niche. I would like more East front scenarios.

cheers.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

The wide range of unit stats available in the editor (0-300 for AT) makes it easy to create Cold War scenarios, too. In close terrain, the weapon ranges hold up. Holding me over until we get that FPRS patch [;)]
tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

I too am getting back into this game. Ordered it while it was on sale. I had it on a floppy disk and still have the rules manual circa 1996. Too bad this forum only goes back 365 days. It would be nice to see some of the old advice for the game.

TomC
budd

Post by budd »

go to top of forum and switch in the drop down menu to show all threads...there you go.

Attachments
ScreenShot047.jpg
ScreenShot047.jpg (168.04 KiB) Viewed 195 times
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
tcarusil

Post by tcarusil »

Well, that was easy enough. Thanks

TomC
ORIGINAL: **budd**

go to top of forum and switch in the drop down menu to show all threads...there you go.

Return to “Combat Command Series”