Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[0.7.13] Notes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> [0.7.13] Notes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[0.7.13] Notes - 1/17/2014 5:49:29 PM   
stilicho410

I finished my 0.7.13 game last night. Here are some notes:

Gameplay
After a successful "Lunar Landing" Mission, I'm not seeing any reliability upgrade for the Lunar EVA suit.
I'm not seeing the Lunar Rover used at all. I was surprised to see it included in the first lunar landing anyway.
Perhaps there could be an additional Mission Configuration after "Lunar Landing" that could have a step for the Rover, like "Lunar Landing - Duration I", That would reflect Apollo 15-17.

Reliability improvements from successful planetery probes is even lower than advertised. I didn't notice this at first, but both Luna 15 (lunar sample return) and Mariner 6 (Mars flyby) had advertised min/max upgrades of 0.1%/0.2%, but in both cases I only got around 0.06%

Interface
Manual Assignment of Astronauts to mission only shows first 10 candidates of list.

If one starts to assemble a mission, then cancels it, the "unassigned personnel" numbers at the bottom of the screen do not reflect that these people are free again.

Does the Auto-Assign function for Flight Controllers go through the lineup from the top down? If so, I suggest the lineup be re-ordered so that the FLIGHT and AFLIGHT positions are first, since they require the best average skills.
An alternative would be to have Auto-Assign NOT override positions already manually selected, so I can judge who's best for FLIGHT and AFLIGHT, and automatically assign the rest.

It's currently not possible to schedule two missions of the same type in the same season. If one tries, one sees "scrub mission" instead.
Admittedly it would be rare when would one would try to do this, but I was trying to get 8 Saturn V launches in to meet a short-term objective.

< Message edited by stilicho410 -- 1/17/2014 6:52:33 PM >

Thanks,
Stilicho
Post #: 1
RE: [0.7.13] Notes - 1/17/2014 5:50:05 PM   
stilicho410

I see 0.7.14 was released just as I was entering this, looks like good stuff!

Thanks,
Stilicho

(in reply to stilicho410)
Post #: 2
RE: [0.7.13] Notes - 1/17/2014 9:24:08 PM   
Nacho84

Hello stilicho,

Many thanks for your feedback.

quote:

ORIGINAL: stilicho410

b]Gameplay
After a successful "Lunar Landing" Mission, I'm not seeing any reliability upgrade for the Lunar EVA suit.
I'm not seeing the Lunar Rover used at all. I was surprised to see it included in the first lunar landing anyway.
Perhaps there could be an additional Mission Configuration after "Lunar Landing" that could have a step for the Rover, like "Lunar Landing - Duration I", That would reflect Apollo 15-17.

We have some animations that use the Lunar Rover, but they were not included in the packages that were bundled with the game. In any case, some members of the community are giving me a big hand with this and are creating a new list of Apollo missions that we'll release at some point in the future and that will address all the things that you mentioned.

quote:

Reliability improvements from successful planetery probes is even lower than advertised. I didn't notice this at first, but both Luna 15 (lunar sample return) and Mariner 6 (Mars flyby) had advertised min/max upgrades of 0.1%/0.2%, but in both cases I only got around 0.06%

I will add that to the backlog and see what's going on.

quote:

Interface
Manual Assignment of Astronauts to mission only shows first 10 candidates of list.

Definitely a bug, I will add it to the backlog.

quote:

If one starts to assemble a mission, then cancels it, the "unassigned personnel" numbers at the bottom of the screen do not reflect that these people are free again.

Sounds like a bug, I'll add it to the backlog.

quote:

Does the Auto-Assign function for Flight Controllers go through the lineup from the top down? If so, I suggest the lineup be re-ordered so that the FLIGHT and AFLIGHT positions are first, since they require the best average skills.

It does, yes. It's a good idea, I'll add that to the backlog.

quote:

An alternative would be to have Auto-Assign NOT override positions already manually selected, so I can judge who's best for FLIGHT and AFLIGHT, and automatically assign the rest.

It's your lucky day! I've implemented that feature this week and it's already available in 0.7.14.

quote:

It's currently not possible to schedule two missions of the same type in the same season. If one tries, one sees "scrub mission" instead.
Admittedly it would be rare when would one would try to do this, but I was trying to get 8 Saturn V launches in to meet a short-term objective.

Yes, I see what you mean. Originally, the feature for scheduling more than one mission of the same type was there, but one of the alpha-testers told me that the idea of scheduling the same mission twice in the same season was a bit strange. Let me think about this one.

Once again, thanks for all your input.

Cheers,

Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

Post #: 3
RE: [0.7.13] Notes - 1/18/2014 3:55:01 PM   
Nacho84

Hello stilicho,

quote:

I couldn't reproduce this one on my machine. I tried both scrubbing a mission after it was fully assembled or cancelling mid-way during the assembly process and in both cases I got my personnel back into the 'available' state. Can I ask you for more details on this one so that I can troubleshoot it?

Cheers,

Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

Post #: 4
RE: [0.7.13] Notes - 1/18/2014 4:34:52 PM   
stilicho410

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nacho84

Hello stilicho,

quote:

I couldn't reproduce this one on my machine. I tried both scrubbing a mission after it was fully assembled or cancelling mid-way during the assembly process and in both cases I got my personnel back into the 'available' state. Can I ask you for more details on this one so that I can troubleshoot it?

Cheers,

Well, now I can't reproduce it either. Perhaps it was fixed for 0.7.14.

Thanks for the quick reply to all the other items!

< Message edited by stilicho410 -- 1/18/2014 6:35:00 PM >

Thanks,
Stilicho

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> [0.7.13] Notes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI