[FIXED B487] Satellite KH-11 (optical)

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

El Savior

[FIXED B487] Satellite KH-11 (optical)

Post by El Savior »

I was testing USA-186 KH-12 Improved Crystal US satellite (#11) and could not get it detect ground targets. I also tested it with ships but no ship was detected. KH-12 satellites have visual recon frame camera max range 100, but they fly 700 km. IRL these birds can have 15 cm resolution.

Any news that we get these spy satellites work? Or am I doing something wrong.
El Savior
RoryAndersonCDT

RE: Satellite KH-11 (optical)

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Only thing I could think of might be the weather [:D] Best bet would be to post a save file where you expect a detection and we will take a look
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

FWIW KH12 should not really be affected by weather all that much.
But it does give a good argument for weather to change in a longer scenario... waiting a day for cloud cover to go away is one thing, waiting forever (the entire scenario) for it, something else entirely.[:D]
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

One thing I'm planning as an optional module for Joint Command is for weather to change slightly every turn. [:)]
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: El Savior

I was testing USA-186 KH-12 Improved Crystal US satellite (#11) and could not get it detect ground targets. I also tested it with ships but no ship was detected. KH-12 satellites have visual recon frame camera max range 100, but they fly 700 km. IRL these birds can have 15 cm resolution.

Any news that we get these spy satellites work? Or am I doing something wrong.

Hello,

Is this for a scenario under construction?
El Savior

Post by El Savior »

Yes, this is scenario under construction. Weather level 0, clear, default. Here's save game.

This time I'm using USA-129 satellite (same group of satellite). It flies over several ground targets but fails to spot them all.

What I'm trying to create is scenario where spy satellite spots some possible terrorist buildings/infantry. Then use drone to identify targets. Also shadowing moving truck and finally blow some things up. My previous saved scenario crashes and never recovered. So this is totally new version, very little done so far. Just trying things before making rest of the scenario.
Attachments
Biscuits.zip
(5.17 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
El Savior
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Fixed in Build 487.
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Is 487 out?