Supply consumed for expansion

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

EHansen

Supply consumed for expansion

Post by EHansen »

Has anyone worked out how much supply is used for base expansion? I have a link to what engineering is needed, but would like to know how much supply is used.
obvert

RE: Supply consumed for expansion

Post by obvert »

The lower part of this table in the Greymane thread gives supply cost for base building.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2885601&mpage=1&key=base%2Cbuilding
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
EHansen

Post by EHansen »

No obvert, that is the simplified number of engineer turns needed, not supply.
Spidery

Post by Spidery »

I had a look at a few isolated Islands that have been left to build bases with no changes to their forces for a while.

Example 1, 18 engineers, building forts for the last 30 days, in that time has expanded 600 supply and the base supply requirement is about 236 plus there has been about 4 device repairs. This is consistent with 0.66 of a supply per engineer.

Example 2, 54 engineers, building airfield for the last 20 days, in that time has expended 1645 supply. Average supply need is about 1180 and has fixed about 17 device repairs. Suggests about 840 supply used on engineering, over 20 days that is about 0.77 of a supply per engineer.

A couple of other examples building airfields seemed of the order of 3/4 of a supply point per engineer.

This suggests that the per day supply cost may depend upon what is being build and possibly to what size. However, it seems that about 3/4 of a supply point per engineer per day is a fair upper bound.

I didn't have any examples to look at engineering vehicle costs (needs to be isolated so no supply movement, stable forces, no aircraft based there, etc.).

A proper test would need to set up a number of scenarios (does admin skill matter for example) and run them with and without base building to see the difference in costs.
EHansen

Post by EHansen »

Thank you Spidery, that gives me a ball park figure. I will try to see if I can pin it down a bit better.

Return to “The War Room”