Panzer Corp?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

aaatoysandmore

Panzer Corp?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I need to ask this again and get a confirmed answer. Everyone seems to want to beat around the bush and not say yay or nay with Matrixgames or Slitherine. What I want to know is if the ai can still reinforce right next to a unit in a city while being in an enemy zone of control hex. Basically the origional Panzer General could do this and it was hard as hell to take over anything because if you didn't have a unit left to move in that space then on the ai's turn it would reinforce either the city hex or all the hexes adjacent to it or both. I always wanted it to be you can't reinforce a hex where there is enemy zone of control. This helped stop games from lasting forever or long and drawn out because of bad mechanics.

I mean seriously if a city is completely surrounded there shouldn't be any way in hell to get full reinforcements there every single time and turn. Even the city unit itself was getting back up to a full 10 from a 1 if the hex wasn't cleared and moved into on your turn. Then it would also bring full 10 reinforcements into all non-enemy occupied hexes next to that city even though enemy units were near those hexes. Frustrated me to no end and one of the reasons I stopped playing or buying anymore Panzer General games.

So please confirm Matrixgames or Slitherine that the ai doesn't do this anymore and neither can the player. Will make for a more and better challenging game.
IainMcNeil

RE: Panzer Corp?

Post by IainMcNeil »

If we see the question we'll answer it. Repairing adjacent to an enemy gets big penalties and new strength points starts suppressed so its not a good idea. New units cannot be built in a city next to the enemy as far as I remember.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

well i can recall in the original panzer general how frustrating it was to have a city continually spawning strong units while being cut off - i have been playing the ipad panzer corps of late and have not found the ai to be doing this - really it seems one can benefit greatly from surrounding a city and its only if ai relief comes will the ai in the city have any chance - and the ai i am playing on medium is really good when it fights with combined arms which it will do - these games the difficulty seems rather always to be in making the battle more of some puzzle to solve in the right sequence rather - but perhaps every strategy game is this more or less
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Thanks Agthos that's what I wanted to read. As long as the ai is not doing that anymore I'll probably get the game. Now which one? So many choices and on $36 to spend.
The_Drill_SGT

Post by The_Drill_SGT »

My strategy is to rush a recon unit up adjacent to a city. it prevents spawning reinforcements. so go get the game

Return to “Panzer Corps”